BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Protect your (lug) nuts
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where I can get ahold of one of these? Mines fallen apart and the rain that gets in shorts out my wipers from time to time. Also how do you remove/install the thing?

Attachments

·
Protect your (lug) nuts
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.. i guess playing around never hurt anything. How hard can it be?

·
Advocate de diabolo
2,363 Posts
I read on a previous thread that you can take that to a windshield replacement place, and they can do it for a small nominal fee.

·
Protect your (lug) nuts
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, didnt think of that. I'm going to go for a DIY and see how that goes.. i really dont like having to go somewhere and pay for service.

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
Hmm, didnt think of that. I'm going to go for a DIY and see how that goes.. i really dont like having to go somewhere and pay for service.
Problem is... there's likely a bead of windshield sealant between the glass and the plastic cowel.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Im trying to find the howto on this in alldata and no luck so far. Ill post it if I find it. On a side note though Im find more cool info on other stuff and posting it :)

·
Protect your (lug) nuts
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Problem is... there's likely a bead of windshield sealant between the glass and the plastic cowel.
Oh.. darn. Wonder how much of a bitch that is. Maybe I will take it somewhere, I dont jack with sealant. :eek:

Im trying to find the howto on this in alldata and no luck so far. Ill post it if I find it. On a side note though Im find more cool info on other stuff and posting it :)
I thought I came across one a long while ago on either here or fanatics, but cant seem to find it anymore. :dunno:

EDIT: ooooh i found it

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=373451&highlight=windshield

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's a fairly easy DIY job, just a few clip and remove the wiper blades, there is absolutley no sealant anywhere. It's amazing some of the stuff you guys come up with, if you don't no why speculate and write nonsense. When people post they are looking for good information and help.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
I noticed nbaker your showing that your driving a 352i aka Mein auto: 352i.

Whats a 352i?

·
(o0\(III)(III)/0o)
516 Posts
what's a few clip?

·
Advocate de diabolo
2,363 Posts
It's a fairly easy DIY job, just a few clip and remove the wiper blades, there is absolutley no sealant anywhere. It's amazing some of the stuff you guys come up with, if you don't no why speculate and write nonsense. When people post they are looking for good information and help.
Maybe you can provide us with a DIY, especially with your state of the art 352i, it sounds like a fast, amazing car. Well, the criticism is great and huzzahs to you, but why don't you post how you bloody well did the replacement instead of being a braggart and telling how simple the job is. When people read they are looking for good information and help, durrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

1 - 14 of 14 Posts