BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lower rubber seal on the windshield on my 2005 325i is crumbling away and needs to be replaced. Which vendors carry this rubber seal?

Pat

·
Registered
1 Posts
windshield cowl

ordered it from ecs tuning. Cowl included mounting clips . One windshield wiper arm pulled off easily but had to WD40 the other and use very firm and patient rocking/pulling till it came off. three pieces to wiper arm. wiper arm/collar/nut careful not to lose collar. The rest of job is removing weather stripping and cleaning dirt from under cowl and accumulated dirt/leaves under hood hinges.

·
BeeemerBro
5,4,6 BMW X3 All...196K +
4,095 Posts
Believe it or not...with a little imagination, time and ingenuity (and a visit to Home depot) you can make one for a total of less than $30

05 X3 175k

·
Registered
7,814 Posts

·
OldFanatic
36 Posts
The lower rubber seal on the windshield on my 2005 325i is crumbling away and needs to be replaced. Which vendors carry this rubber seal?

Pat
don't think anyone makes an aftermarket one. so it'll be ordered through BMW. FCP Euro and GetBMWParts.com offer some good proces. if through FCP Euro it'll have lifetime replacement if it ever cracks or wears out again. it's not too uncommon for it to get crumbly. sun and even using high PH cleaner in your washer tank will make things worse.

it's not a hard job to do. follow the DIYs and be careful not to tweak on the wiper arms or allow them to spring back onto windshield or one could crack it. common sense stuff.

and for what it's worth, it's not a real seal of the windshield. it's a cosmetic cowel/cover.

·
Registered
362 Posts

Pat
The BMW part # for this product is 51718208483, $64.73 on our site - in stock and ready to ship!

Order by part # here if you'd like.

Feel free to PM me with any questions!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I just replaced my daughters ..... I have limited skills ...... it was not hard at all....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts