BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have a strange situation with my 1997 328is. I fill up my windshield washer fluid and after about 2 days, the "Low Washer Fluid" message comes up on the OBC and in most cases, I have used the washer function 2 or 3 times during those 2 days. Has anyone had this problem before? Sounds like a leak to me...but I never find any fluid in my garage? Any help would be appreciated...

·
Retired Slacker
6,711 Posts
washday

Have you checked the fluid level with a flashlight? If it's OK then the fluid sensor may be bad.
BMW seems to have a sensor for EVERYTHING! :p

·
BMW Free!!
8,288 Posts
matt_328is said:
I seem to have a strange situation with my 1997 328is. I fill up my windshield washer fluid and after about 2 days, the "Low Washer Fluid" message comes up on the OBC and in most cases, I have used the washer function 2 or 3 times during those 2 days. Has anyone had this problem before? Sounds like a leak to me...but I never find any fluid in my garage? Any help would be appreciated...
I have an e46 convertible, but I did have a similar problem. Turned out I had a bad pump in the window washer. It was pumping the washer fluid out somewhere and my tank would empty very quickly, like in a day. I got it replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
346 Posts
me too~~

My e36's washer pump is not pumping at all...

Turns out, there's a mesh at the water inlet for the motor INSIDE the bottle is clogged. Also, the outside cover for the shaft of the pump is broken so it's all jammed up.

Removed the bottle and pump, give it a good clean and stuck the shaft cover back on with super-glue. Just waiting on the super-glue to dry, then reinstall and test.

Finger crossed~! :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.