BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if anyone has had any issues with their windshield washer's? My car consistently warns me about not having enough fluid in its container. Granted it has rained very often here in New York, but I rarely uses the water sprays. Since I picked up my car from the dealer back in February, I have put 3 gallons of the fluid into my car. This I don't think is normal. The strange thing is I never see a trail underneath the car so there isn't a leak, but where is all the fluid going? Also the headlight washers, how do you activate them? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I had that same annoying warning chime and light after little use, but the problem seemed to fix itself after a couple fillups.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Judging from your consumption of washer fluid, I would advise getting it checked out by the dealer.

Keep in mind, if you have headlight washers, they will spray the 1st pull and every 5 (?) pulls of the washer stalk after that when your headlights or parking lights are on. You may be inadvertently using much more fluid by washing your windshield when your headlights are on because the headlamps are washed also, and believe me, they use a LOT of fluid.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Check around and beneath your front bumper, the leak may be coming out from there. Those headlight washer sprays was very prone to leak, crack etc. from my experience with the Audi A4. I actually wasn't glad when I saw the same sprays on my Bimmer. Sure hope these are better quality.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have had leaks in both headlamp washers. The left one has been changed 9 months from new, and the right one has gone today. Cars only a year old with 30,000 miles on the clock.
This is the last time I get headlamp washers that move. Nothing but trouble. I've also had one of the covers fall off. Costs ***163;7 for a new one and ***163;35 to get it sprayed to match.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts