Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my wing mirrors there is a small down light, i am having trouble with a parasitic drain on battery ( about a week ) the other day i came out of work after 8 hrs of my car been locked and the lights were on the the wing mirrors. doors where still locked and i checked the other side they where on as well, then all of a sudden they turned off. spookie, all the doors were closed so nothing was ajar, does any one have any ideas on where to look first. cheers des

·
Registered
217 Posts
That sounds like a comfort access thing the lights come on if the car "sees" the key. Not aware if that is a thing though but I would watch closely to see if the lights come on while approaching

·
Registered
12,073 Posts
The lights below the side mirrors are supposed to illuminate when you lock/unlock the doors....or if you press either the lock or unlock button. Is there a chance that the aforemention occurred? For example, if you have the remote in your pants pocket...there***8217;s a possibility that a button could have been pressed...which would have activated the lights underneath the side mirrors. BTW, these lights turn off after a short interval after being activated...this is why the questions are being asked. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts