BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I install a rear wing if so what ? Also what other mods do you guys suggest. All replies appreciated.

Attachments

·
Driving Enthusiast
435 Posts
The car is gorgeous as is. If your goal is to achieve better downforce, then you may have a case but I think any body mods would ruin the aesthetics of your vehicle.

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts
+1! Car is gorgeous as is! DON'T do the wing thing. Adding a wing would cheapen the good looks of your car in my opinion.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Buy a Honda if you really want the wing and leave the BMW alone.

·
I ride topless!
182 Posts
Lol I like it. It depends your age, I think if your young like I am you might really like it, but if your older then I don't think you will. but then again I like black 22"s with a chrome lip, lowering my 650i and body kits, alot of people here don't. So I don't know, go with what you like.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I am early 30's so that's probably too old to be young and too young to be old. I just cant picture it and tend to agree with those that say it would cheapen the look of the car. Particularly the vert as it would clash with the trailing buttresses from the top. That said I think the active spoilers (deploy at > ~80mph) on some Porches are neat - although again they are quite subtle. Are you looking for the aerodynamic or visual impact or both?

·
laddcruzer
254 Posts
I went through all the mental anguish of getting a "tail" or not. After a year or so of research I decided on the Hamann tail. See attached photo. By the way, I'm over 50 and still growing younger every year.

Attachments

·
I ride topless!
182 Posts
^^^ I want to be like you when im 50! Growing younger by the year! Love the spirit!

Here's mine. But then again everything on this car I done because I love the way it looks, not for what people thought of it.

Photobucket

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't think age is the factor on this, personal taste is what it is all about. As for the age factor, I am closer to 60 than 50 and personally think they look great on a muscle car from the 60's and 70's, I had one on my Charger. If you think it looks great, go with it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Wing

Sick50
That car is gorgeous:thumbup:! What make and model is that rear wing?

Attachments

·
laddcruzer
254 Posts
I don't think age is the factor on this, personal taste is what it is all about. As for the age factor, I am closer to 60 than 50 and personally think they look great on a muscle car from the 60's and 70's, I had one on my Charger. If you think it looks great, go with it.
ok chargerman, i admit i'm actually 63 years and counting. also after almost 3 years i have only 8200 miles on my 650. and you have only 3400 miles. you either drive your other cars or live close to your work like i do. and isn't a 650 a muscle car ?:dunno:

·
laddcruzer
254 Posts
^^^ I want to be like you when im 50! Growing younger by the year! Love the spirit!

Here's mine. But then again everything on this car I done because I love the way it looks, not for what people thought of it.

Photobucket
black on black on black !! definately the best color. car looks bitchin. gorgeous yet nasty.
of course bakersfield in the summer and a black car--- hot,hot, hot

·
Registered
95 Posts
ok chargerman, i admit i'm actually 63 years and counting. also after almost 3 years i have only 8200 miles on my 650. and you have only 3400 miles. you either drive your other cars or live close to your work like i do. and isn't a 650 a muscle car ?:dunno:
I do live very close to work. The reason for the 3400 miles is I just bought it last month and I am up to 3800 miles, I have a 6 mile commute. You can call the 650 whatever you like, muscle car, sports car , personal luxury sport coupe. The difference between muscle cars from the 60's and 70's is thier wing was factory installed not an add on product. There are many varietions in wings, some good some not so, even from the muscle car era. I think wings are more predominant on these type of cars and imports from the other side of the other pond. I personally think this and other qualities of these cars are what set them apart from the rest of what we see on the road. If you want your 650 to be different, go with it. It's all a matter of taste, some prefer blondes to redheads, doesn't meen either is right.
Nice looking car by the way!

·
Makin Lotsa Noise
573 Posts
If you really need to do something to your car, get quads and an M6 bodykit all round. That, you won't need a wing just to feel good.

·
laddcruzer
254 Posts
If you really need to do something to your car, get quads and an M6 bodykit all round. That, you won't need a wing just to feel good.
But, we buy the car we want, do the mods we want and live the life we want-----to feel good !!
:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts