BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
December 07, 2007 - I took delivery of my very first BMW. I ordered an e90 328xi on October 15, 2007.

After reading all the post about the RFTs, I knew I wanted to get rid of those. So, when I picked up the car the CA and I ordered some Bridgestone Bizzaks on the Rial Salerno rims.

I took my stock Bridgestone Turanza RFTs off at 355 miles. I will be selling these, once I figure out how to ship tires. I live in Rural America (literally) and did not want these RFTs. There are too many gravel and pothole stricken roads. At any rate, spring came and I took off my winters and put Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position tires.

I want to thank everyone for all the interesting posts. They have been very educational. Other than my tires, the only other things I’ve done is replace the ashtray with the Pico Tray, Had the Cell Phone Cradle installed, and of course the most important put in the BLACKLINES. :thumbup:

PS - - I love this car.

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
the black lines looks amazing.
i have one question, urs is a step and is hill descent control standard with xi's ?

·
Iwanna330Cic
927 Posts
shipping wheels/tires

I took my stock Bridgestone Turanza RFTs off at 355 miles. I will be selling these, once I figure out how to ship tires.
I recently sold and shipped a 4-wheel & tire set from Ohio to Colorado. Just get yourself some very sturdy cardboard and cut into circles - about 3" larger than the diameter of the wheels (not tires). Place one on each side and use one of them for the TO and FROM addresses. Get some strapping tape or very strong 2" or 3" wide box tape and run it around the wheel/tire and the two cardboard circles like you were cutting a pizza. Do this with at least 4 "spokes" of tape - more is better. So long as you clean the rubber of the tires so the tape sticks and you put it on securely, this method will work just fine. Have UPS or Fed Ex Ground pick them up and that's that. :thumbup:

Doug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts