Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find both rims and tires for the winter....I do not kno what to get? I was looking at a few of the BBS rims but i do not want to spend too much because i am only using them this winter. Helppppppppppp

·
Keeping it surreal
43,053 Posts
BahnBaum said:
Cheap steelies they sell work fine.

Alex
Not for him....the ZHP requires 17-inch wheels to clear the brakes....I`ve never seen steelies in 17....I have Borbet Type Es (17x8) mounted with Dunlop Winter Sport M3s in 225/45/17....they`re rugged & easy to clean (not too expensive, either).
The Tire Rack`s website is interactive....you can pull up an image of your car, then see how it looks with different wheels on it....very useful.

Regards,
Bob

·
Registered
639 Posts
I spent roughly $900 for fairly nice rims and tires from Tirerack. It was a winter rim/tire package. Dunlop M3 snows. So far, they have been excellent in snow and dry pavement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maximus57 said:
I spent roughly $900 for fairly nice rims and tires from Tirerack. It was a winter rim/tire package. Dunlop M3 snows. So far, they have been excellent in snow and dry pavement.
You have the same exact car as me basically. Can i go any bigger with the rims such as m3 18"s or will they not fit.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,053 Posts
littlemetter said:
You have the same exact car as me basically. Can i go any bigger with the rims such as m3 18"s or will they not fit.
You don`t really want to go bigger than 17s for winter tires, the smaller sidewall height works against you (rim & tire damage from potholes, etc.)

Regards,
Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts