BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Breaking in the Pony
2019 Mustang GT / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... and cornering, braking, and mileage are back today.

I have a performance car again!

I love the change back every spring. It's almost as good as the rush the first time you drove the car.

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
Awesome!

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for an indy swap today.

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
Ouch!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Done yesterday- Sunny and 50 tomorrow in Chicago

Da Bulls!

·
Human
277 Posts
I'm going to wait another couple of weeks.. Weather is just too unpredictable around here.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
I'm going to wait another couple of weeks.. Weather is just to unpredictable around here.
Yeah, but I couldn't wait, I did it last weekend. Oh, boy. Next thing I can't wait for is these tires to wear out and I'll try to put some Michelins PS(2 or better) non-RFT on. Tramlining got old in less than a week. And I'm driving that truck again.

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,164 Posts
... and cornering, braking, and mileage are back today.

I have a performance car again!

I love the change back every spring. It's almost as good as the rush the first time you drove the car.
I know just what you mean, I feel the same way. The summer tires have a meaning greater than themselves.
I can't make the switch yet. My summers are summer only. I don't want to get caught out on a 10F. day with hockey puck treads. (During the winter I use ASR's, but rarely drive it anyway.)

·
Breaking in the Pony
2019 Mustang GT / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Snow here Monday and Wednesday this week. Hopefully Zooks doesn't have to go out anywhere.........
We're only getting sloppy rain w/in 495. Cambridge on Monday, Hopkinton Tuesday, so no problems there. South Hadley perhaps later in the week, but my 3 seasons are performance A/S (which is why I typically change mid-March and mid-December). Coupled with xDrive, I should be OK.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Swapped off my winter tires on Friday. On my last bolt, I snapped the head of the bolt off with my torque wrench! The wrench never clicked, and I thought it was taking a lot more force than normal. Stupid me says just one more turn, and snap! 100 dollars poorer and wiser after the dealer managed to get the remaining piece out (I thought I better call the pros in when I couldn't pry it out of the hub).

Sent from my Droid using Bimmer App

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.