BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help with my new "dilemma"

I will have my new 325i within a month, and I just started thinking about what I am going to do in the winter. Right now, I use the stock 16" V spoke wheels that came with my 323i as the winter wheels, and I bought a set of type 44s to use in the summer. I refuse to "give" someone the type 44s, so I am going to put my stock tires back on the stock wheels when I get rid of the 323i. I will be left with a set of type 44s as well as a set of type 96 wheels that will come with the SP in the new 325i. Either way, I have to go 17" for winter wheels/tires. Which one would you use for winter and which would you use for summer? I love the 44s, but they are quite common these days and just don't stand out anymore. The 96s are similar, but unique. At least in my area, there are very few '02 325s with the SP, so it should stay that way for a bit. (I know this by judging how hard it was to find a car.... there are hardly ANY silver 325s with SP, Xenons and a 5 speed....)

I appreciate any advice

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
It's basically all personal preference, with the only real factor being age. I would use the 44's as the winter wheels simply because they have seen the pavement for the past couple of years and likely show at least some sign of age. I would want to use the new and perfect condition rims in the summer where they don't see salt and such. Like I said though, besides that, it just boils down to which one you like better.

·
-The Mouth-
861 Posts
It was VERY hard to find a 325i with SP and stick in my area.I love th 96 wheels no one has them. I finally found one. Red, SP, Xenon, HS, Moonroof, OBC.
LOVE IT!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks aside - from a practical stand point, you would be better off retaining the 16 wheels for your winter driving. The 16s will let you run a more narrow tire, which is want you want for improved traction in snow and ice. Like I said, looks aside. :bigpimp:

·
superwagon pilot
'17 991.2C, '19 e450 wagon, 11 135iC, 09 x3
1,403 Posts
Looking to the future, I'd guess you'll want to sell the 325 with the wheels that came with it (like you're doing with the 323). To get the most bang for the buck, you'll probably want these wheels in good shape for better resale, so I'd use them for your summers. Besides in RI, you probably have snows on 5 months out of the year anyway, so both sets will be on the car for a good portion of the year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.