BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just ordered the 335xi with upgraded 18" sport wheels. I will need winters tires. Can someone please advice which are best for Northeast winters, snow and ice. I've been told 16" are the best, is this correct?

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have just ordered the 335xi with upgraded 18" sport wheels. I will need winters tires. Can someone please advice which are best for Northeast winters, snow and ice. I've been told 16" are the best, is this correct?
I don't think 16" wheels will clear those massive rotors. I'm going with 17". I've mainly used Dunlop M3 wintersports on all my cars and they just so happen to make them in a runflat. Have a look at Tire Rack - I think they are around $180 for a 225/45/17. I am assuming that since you mentioned 16" wheels, that you are going to get a complete winter set (wheels and tires).

·
Migrated to the X5 SAV
899 Posts
Hey Gary,
What is your opinion between Bridgestone Blizzacks & Dunlop Graspics?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Tires Style 162

I don't think 16" wheels will clear those massive rotors. I'm going with 17". I've mainly used Dunlop M3 wintersports on all my cars and they just so happen to make them in a runflat. Have a look at Tire Rack - I think they are around $180 for a 225/45/17. I am assuming that since you mentioned 16" wheels, that you are going to get a complete winter set (wheels and tires).
Hello,

I am in the same situation - am about to order 335xi w/ 18-inch style 162 tires and am wondering whether I will be able to put a 17-inch tire on the same wheel for the winter. Your advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Paul

·
Registered
8 Posts
Last season we sold a couple 17" wheels that fit over the brakes. That should still be the case this season. Check back on winter products/questions around mid September for more accurate info.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hello,

I am in the same situation - am about to order 335xi w/ 18-inch style 162 tires and am wondering whether I will be able to put a 17-inch tire on the same wheel for the winter. Your advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Paul
So what do you mean exactly here? 17" tire on an 18" wheel = NO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts