BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys:
Where do you usually get winter tires/rims?
Directly from the dealer or somewhere else? I know BMW website is having some packages on sale now.
Run flat or not?
I'm located in Calgary, snow incoming ~

·
Outside looking in
6,325 Posts
Tirerack. There used to be a few RFTs available, but now it seems to be essentially Bridgestones.

·
Registered
591 Posts

·
Not a real doctor.
5,702 Posts
Tire rack. Got Conti run-flats on their own set of rims with the TPMS. $1000.

I recommend a rim size down if possible, and narrower tires.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Just had mine installed today on my '09 328i sedan. Originals were 17" so I dropped down to 16" with Dunlop Winter Sport 3D. Non runflat. Bought a compressor and some Slime. Also have BMW Assist if needed. For real deep snow I'll be using my '02 525i wagon with 16" Bridgestone Blizaak WS60 which is better in the snow. The Dunlops will do better in the cold and dry pavement which is what we'll have most of the time here in central Indiana. It was 41 degrees this morning so my summer tires were starting to scare me.

I looked on Tire Rack and used a local shop, Indy Tire, who will store my summer wheels/tires for me on both my cars. that's a big plus in my book so I don't have to worry about storage.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
If you are in Calgary, the absolute best price on tires is Tire Rack. They also have wheel/tire combos as well. Costco is a close second if you want non RFT Michelins. For the extra $100 I would go to Kal Tire and get the Nolians.

If you are looking for OEM wheels, Finish Line wheels has good prices.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts