BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx. Wheels are OE BMW Style 298M. Offset and hub sizes for X5M and X6M (hub sizes are different front to rear). They are 19" wheels that run 255/50/19 tires. I believe they are 9" wide.

I am running Dunlop Grandtrek Performance Winter Tires, non run-flat.

My local dealer matched the getbmwparts.com price which was the lowest I could find. I preferred OE due to horsepower and would rather not run spacers or hub rings. Sensors from Tire Rack.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm wondering if the NOKIAN tires i have on mine are good all-season tires?? Hmmm :/ they're almost new. Hoping for a good winter in my 04' x3. Just don't wanna
end up hitting any trees on my way home (like i did last year in my Subie!) ;)
may i share a fun x3-shredding up some serious snow?? :)

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I am hoping my "all-season" 19"s will be fine this winter..
I hope so as well :) first winter with all-season tires + chains (I always used winter tires in Europe) - this Friday I am heading to Tahoe... there should be snow to test the setup :)

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
Thx. Wheels are OE BMW Style 298M. Offset and hub sizes for X5M and X6M (hub sizes are different front to rear). They are 19" wheels that run 255/50/19 tires. I believe they are 9" wide.

I am running Dunlop Grandtrek Performance Winter Tires, non run-flat.

My local dealer matched the getbmwparts.com price which was the lowest I could find. I preferred OE due to horsepower and would rather not run spacers or hub rings. Sensors from Tire Rack.
I see they are 255 wide... why not go with narrower tires? Wouldn't that be better in the snow? Not complaining... this LA guy just wants some education on the subject.

- Mike

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I see they are 255 wide... why not go with narrower tires? Wouldn't that be better in the snow? Not complaining... this LA guy just wants some education on the subject.

- Mike
These are the narrow tires. The stock sizes are 275 front and 315 rear.

The 255/50/19 tires are the recommended sizes per BMW so that's good enough for me. They are also the proper size for the wheel. Keep in mind that this is a heavy vehicle.

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
These are the narrow tires. The stock sizes are 275 front and 315 rear.

The 255/50/19 tires are the recommended sizes per BMW so that's good enough for me. They are also the proper size for the wheel. Keep in mind that this is a heavy vehicle.
Good answer. :thumbup:

I would think the X5, with snow tires, would be nearly unstoppable in the snow.

- Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.