BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..

I just got my winter wheels for my E65 wich i bought earlier this year.

They are only 17", and are aluminiuim.... but there is a plastic cover on them also.

Anyone else seen these wheels? They are orginal BMW.

Is the plastic easy to remove for cleaning? I use some force to try to pull the plastic out, but it sits good...

· Registered
2,266 Posts
Pics might help man!

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey.. i have beeen very busy at work, but will se if i can take some pics tomorrow.. and maby a video, so you guys can hear the fantastic plastic :D

Some weird wheels... never seen plastic on thme like this before

· Registered
12,829 Posts
remove what plastic?

· Registered
2,266 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi again..

Here are som "markups" on the pictures to clear the confusion ;)
These are some strange wheels ...

It seems like BMW wheels, but if they are original for the 7-series i dont know..??

I havent checked if the offset is the same as on my 18" summer wheels, but will do that.

These wheels came with the car when imported from Germany, so i would like to think they fit the car. Anyone experienced promlems getting 17" wheels around the brakecalipper?

· Registered
2,266 Posts
I think you can run 17's without having any troubles with brake clearance. However, I'm pretty sure this is the lowest you can go. And also, you may only have problems if you have the wrong offset

· Registered
2,549 Posts
Hi again..

Here are som "markups" on the pictures to clear the confusion ;)
These are some strange wheels ...

It seems like BMW wheels, but if they are original for the 7-series i dont know..??

I havent checked if the offset is the same as on my 18" summer wheels, but will do that.

These wheels came with the car when imported from Germany, so i would like to think they fit the car. Anyone experienced promlems getting 17" wheels around the brakecalipper?
It looks like a plastic coating of some sort?
Never seen that style before and I stand corrected.

· Registered
1,101 Posts
You can run 17's without clearance problems, but it is VERY close. I run 18's with snows and it works out great. There are members who run 17's for winter use.

· Registered
543 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.