BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
I found a set of virtually new OEM Type 44's for sale in Auto Trader.

I'll actually be buying all-season rubber for use in the winter for the first time in 3 years.

The dealer has 17" steel rims for sale (I don't think anyone else has). If you want wheels, then the dealer is going to scalp you.

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
johnlew said:
Got a quote on a winter wheel/tire package from tirerack for my 540. $936 mounted and balanced and delivered. www.tirerack.com
Tirerack is a great place to get stuff... but in Canada you can't buy it direct without getting scalped with duties & taxes which make it not such a great deal.

I've got a contact in Markham that deals direct with Tire Rack and he basically get's it here for the US$*conversion... as good as you can get.

I got a set of Sumitomo HTRZII's for my E46 and a full set of ML55 wheels & rubber from TireRack via this contact.

- JP

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
you son of a b- - - -

Will you 2 stop begging me for those wheels . . . Now I'm never gonna sell them to either of you . . . sheesh I'll give them away first

Oh and before I forget

:flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Alan F said:
you son of a b- - - -

Will you 2 stop begging me for those wheels . . . Now I'm never gonna sell them to either of you . . . sheesh I'll give them away first

Oh and before I forget

Send them on down then Alan, buddy:thumbup: :D

Oh and quit trying to kiss up to every one:lmao: :lmao:

·
Touring with Traction
96 Posts
goodfella said:
Should I go to Dealer or elsewhere. Any recommendstions on type?
I would like some suggestions for winter wheels as well. I have a 2002 325xi Touring with SP, and I plan to take the type 73's and the All Season Conti's (205/50's) off for the winter and get a set of dedicated winter tires on alloys. (I'm not ready to run on steel wheels, even just for the winter) Is there a style of wheel that is well suited for snow? Mywife and I will be taking the wagon up skiing (I'm in BC) once or twice a week.

·
Into the dark ages
1,523 Posts
swap for year round high performing tires/rims

how about a swap with my rims...

great in the summer. easy to clean just hose off brake dust and if you really want just take em off and rinse. no more bloody knuckles from the sharp edges.

great in the winter. impervious to salt and rust resistant.

and finally curb rash...who cares. they will always keep their shape. :)

Attachments

·
Touring with Traction
96 Posts
Re: swap for year round high performing tires/rims

ChrisTO said:
how about a swap with my rims...

great in the summer. easy to clean just hose off brake dust and if you really want just take em off and rinse. no more bloody knuckles from the sharp edges.

great in the winter. impervious to salt and rust resistant.

and finally curb rash...who cares. they will always keep their shape. :)
Thanks for the offer, ChrisTO, but the whole idea was to keep the 73's for summer...

So, is that mystery machine a 320i?

·
Flying monkey herder
8,215 Posts
Circle BMW quoted me $65 per rim for 17" steel rims, needed to clear the brake calipers on a 330ci/i. the 325/323 can take 16" steel rims, much easier to find and i think cheaper. not sure about the 328i.... :dunno:
I tried the contisport contacts in a light snow last winter here in NYC. it was ok, exciting at some points, DSC going nuts. saw a M-B S500 stuff itself into jersey barrier on the belt parkway in front of me. barely avoided him and his assorted parts which went flying.looks like he hit a patch of snow on summer tires in the left lane in the middle of a curve. OUCH :yikes:

·
Registered
2,601 Posts

I have such wheels with Pirelli SnowSport 210's on 'em. $400 canucks if anybody's interested :)

/me hides my head in shame after this selfish plug.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.