BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help a NOOB to determine if these wheels will fit my 2014 F10? I am looking for something to put winter tires on vs using my 19" that are on the car.

This is the wheel: 8J x 17 et30 Star Spoke (Style 327)

Does that provide enough info?

Thanks!

Ted

·
Glfbggy
708 Posts
Can someone help a NOOB to determine if these wheels will fit my 2014 F10? I am looking for something to put winter tires on vs using my 19" that are on the car.

This is the wheel: 8J x 17 et30 Star Spoke (Style 327)

Does that provide enough info?

Thanks!

Ted
I can't validate this, but I two alternatives for you that might assist.

1) when we bought our e39 the BMW Dealer had a wheel book reference and it listed compatibility. There may be something similar available today and it may even be on the website.

2) I have been purchasing tires for my ///M Roadster through Tirerack.com since 2004. They have at least a list of compatible wheels they sell by model#.

Those would be my first sources of information.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info ghpup. I will search for online compatibility matrix.

If anyone has other validation methods, please let me know.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone else? Please? I want to grab these before they are gone if they will work.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Always best to check fitment by using the BMW Part Number stamped on the inside of the wheel and cross checking here:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select The proper 17" BMW wheel is a correct alternative for winter tire set up for an F10.

Caution - when I read "style type" it's a hint the wheel may not be an OEM/BMW wheel but a look-alike.

·
Registered
104 Posts
bmwstylewheels.com lists every wheel variant ever made, with size, weight, and offset. Look up what you have, look at what you are interested in.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all. That was very helpful.

Regarding TPMS - how often does BMW change frequency or whatever that would impact the 2014 F10 from being compatible with them? I ask because these are apparently older wheels, but have the TPMS modules (also OEM) included.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
TPMS "Frequency"

Thank you all. That was very helpful.

Regarding TPMS - how often does BMW change frequency or whatever that would impact the 2014 F10 from being compatible with them? I ask because these are apparently older wheels, but have the TPMS modules (also OEM) included.
I seem to recall the "frequency" for the TPMS changed around the 2010-2009 model year to the current 433mhz models ... but you can also check that in the OEMBMW link I posted earlier. As far as I can recall, and my BMWs have had TPMS since I had my my 2007 e60, that's the only time they changed.

There's no guarantee that it won't be changed in the future again in the future as technology changes but it's very unlikely it'll be as often as other things change (e.g. Apple phones or minds of politicians :eek: )

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now that I have found the 327's fit my vehicle, I am trolling ebay to find a set of (4). Are there great risks in buying used from these wheel shops? If they are "guaranteed straight" is that a term that should concern me? Possibly meaning they didn't used to be? I found a set of 17" for $389 delivered.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not following you David?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts