BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to replace my wiper blades on my 2002 325i. I searched for a thread but seems not one has posted a request before. Anyway, I have replaced the blades before but it was not easy and thought maybe I was missing something. The metal inserts are longer than the original blades and need to be cut off. This just seems wrong. Am I missing something?
Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
Uhhh...metal inserts?

Mine (03 E46) should be similar.

BMW uses a bayonet style (my words) fitting made of a curved loop of steel at the end.

Driver's side is 22", passenger's is 20".

For approximately $20 a side, you can get nice blades which replace the entire fitting. For example, I replaced mine recently with a set from one of our board sponsors, and am pretty happy with them:

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/subcategory_detail.asp?modelcode=E46&subcat_id=205

If you want to use the stock blades, they sell the inserts (rubber) which you have to basically insert back into the factory assembly after taking it off the car.

It's pretty fiddly to save a few bucks, so I usually go the "complete" route and just slip the whole thing off and replace.

Hope this helps.

·
Retired Official Welcomer
2018 M4 Competition Package•2019 540i MSport
8,355 Posts
Welcome aboard. :hi: You have been officially welcomed to the 'Fest. :thumbup: :roundel:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts