BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is OEM for wiper blades? When I bought the X into the dealer a while ago, I told them to give me a new set. However, they said that b/c I had aftermarket Bosch, they would charge me $160 to change them to OEM!!!!!!!!

Is Bosch OEM or does BMW have there own set of blades? If so, do I have to get them from stealer?
 

·
RetiredBum
Joined
·
849 Posts
pseto said:
What is OEM for wiper blades? When I bought the X into the dealer a while ago, I told them to give me a new set. However, they said that b/c I had aftermarket Bosch, they would charge me $160 to change them to OEM!!!!!!!!

Is Bosch OEM or does BMW have there own set of blades? If so, do I have to get them from stealer?
Not sure I understand your current situ & questions. :confused:

Unless you have some trick non-oem blade carrier, new blades should fit on most carriers.
A BuckSixty?! :rofl: Tell'em to go get F'd...

I've had One set of Stlr installed blades done under the "free Maint": the blades were so fooking cheap that the rubber ends peeled off, which allowed the metal "spine" inside blade to score windshield; this during first use in rain after Stlr installed his cheapazz blades. Stlr, Fletcher in Asheville, said it musta been defective blades, but tough luck on the windshield scoring. :mad:

Hit AutoZone, et al, and do your own,imo.
GL,md
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
is there any easy way to prop up the pasenger wiper frame, like the driver side. If you try to prop it up from the rest position it will hit the edge of the hood and scratch it... it sucks in the snow when propping wipers is necessary, any tips???
 

·
RetiredBum
Joined
·
849 Posts
Wolfwalker23 said:
is there any easy way to prop up the pasenger wiper frame, like the driver side. If you try to prop it up from the rest position it will hit the edge of the hood and scratch it... it sucks in the snow when propping wipers is necessary, any tips???
Turn key on to pos 2, flip wipers on, turn off key in mid swipe. Lift pass.side arm.
Only way to get to it.
GL,md
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
turning engine off with wipers set to intermittent

Wolfwalker23 said:
is there any easy way to prop up the pasenger wiper frame, like the driver side. If you try to prop it up from the rest position it will hit the edge of the hood and scratch it... it sucks in the snow when propping wipers is necessary, any tips???
on my 2002 3.0 if i have the wipers set to intermittent and turn off the engine, the arms swing up and stay there. try it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
OEM is SWF

pseto said:
What is OEM for wiper blades? When I bought the X into the dealer a while ago, I told them to give me a new set. However, they said that b/c I had aftermarket Bosch, they would charge me $160 to change them to OEM!!!!!!!!

Is Bosch OEM or does BMW have there own set of blades? If so, do I have to get them from stealer?
that is ludicrous. get your own blades and change 'em yourself. i've seen bosch on the web for $35/pair
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
bmw arms

take only bmw blades which do last longer. when I bought my car it had junk ass rainX wipers on dinky rainX arms.

I suggest going with the OEM then just buy the blades form them in the future. the OEM arms are firmer and sturdier and come with a deflecter on the driver side.
 

·
RetiredBum
Joined
·
849 Posts
dejavoo81 said:
take only bmw blades which do last longer. when I bought my car it had junk ass rainX wipers on dinky rainX arms.
I suggest going with the OEM then just buy the blades form them in the future. the OEM arms are firmer and sturdier and come with a deflecter on the driver side.
No arm wrestle here on the Original blades being top quality and very long lasting...
however, as I have ranted , when I had my First set of "free blades" installed recently
by Fletcher BMW in Asheville,NC they used some cheapazz blades. The tips eroded in one rain storm and the spring steel spine in the blade scored my windshield. They said, "oh, musta been a bad blade(s), but that's not our problem."

I replaced those ****ty blades with Bosch from AZone and reused the blade carriers that came with the car.

Maybe your Stlr has better goods and/or is more on the ball. The IdiotStlrs here, are right outta the DMV School of Could Not Care Less, when it comes to service/caring, imo.
BR,md
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
These are the best blades I've found

They are made by Valeo. Put them on the ML500 Benz, and the Volvo XC70. Excellent performance, though a bit pricey.

http://www.ultimatewiperblade.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
693 Posts
Coffeeman said:
They are made by Valeo. Put them on the ML500 Benz, and the Volvo XC70. Excellent performance, though a bit pricey.

http://www.ultimatewiperblade.com/
Very cool concept, but I don't like the price - I just can't justify it to myself. I mean, $40 for just one blade? If I pay $50, I'll get BOTH a drivers and passenger PIAA Silicone wiper, which aren't bad either, although they don't have 1500 pressure points.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
Bavarian said:
Very cool concept, but I don't like the price - I just can't justify it to myself. I mean, $40 for just one blade? If I pay $50, I'll get BOTH a drivers and passenger PIAA Silicone wiper, which aren't bad either, although they don't have 1500 pressure points.
O.K., how about $29.95 for each blade? ($10.00 off each blade). Valeo is running a special promotion on the Volvo XC board. If you follow this link, the discount will automatically be applied...

http://ultimatewiperblade.com/select/bin5.php?bcode=VOLVOXCDEAL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
693 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top