1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1997 528i
Is the build date before/pre 03/98?
This might help.
And according to that mine has 2 different relays for the wipers 🙄 5 and 6. I was told the relay was a bmw dealer only part but the one I got from the dealership looks and is laid out just like a standard 5 pin relay? So why's it a dealer only part 🤔

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Were your wipers working and then stopped while you were driving or you tried using the wipers and they would not turn on.
Were your wipers working and then stopped while you were driving or you tried using the wipers and they would not turn on.
They were working fine. Then one day I went to turn them on and nothing.I was told by the previous owner that he had had issues with them but got them working. I guess if I was smarter I would have asked what he had to do. But when I realized the bolts on the dme were frozen I know it had not been opened before, and when I opened it I confirmed it bc all relays were og. So I'm figuring that's the issue but on my car there's two of them and idk if there the same thing 😐

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In some cases I have read that giving the wiper motor a tap with a hammer gets it going, it’s worth a try but you need to remove some bits to get to it, that’s the drawback. Sometimes it’s the wiper linkage that’s binding, you gotta look at everything. A coworkers 2008 X5 wipers were not working a few years back, I found that the linkage was loose, adjusted it, tightened everything, and they still work to this day.
So here is a plot twist for you I go to get in my car this morning because I need to use it to go to work and at rain last night for shits and giggles I turned on my windshield wipers my windshield wipers and they randomly came on after not working for months and the only thing I can think of I can think of is that when I open my DME Box finally I checked and pushed down on all of the relays but never tested to see if my windshield wipers worked so that might be the problem A simple loose relay hopefully

1 - 11 of 11 Posts