BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Wholeo1955
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any know what I need to do to get the new switch into the place that it's supposed to go into, I was told that I would not have to do to much!!!!!!!! Inow am hearing that I need the remove the power to the battery both terminals , then wait 15 minutes, then start to disassemble the steering wheel and that is the only way of doing this, what about grinding off the two 2 pieces that stick out more than the space that it fits into???? the 2 torx screws will hold it once in place or does those oversize guides serve more purpose than to piss us off so some other place can rob even more money out of the back pocket???????

HELP SOON I have the new one hanging by the wire and it works ????

2001 X5 BMW no other model will give the correct info!!!

·
Wholeo1955
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My problem is solved, by them trying to get my $$$$

I did some looking and phone work. ON the Stalk Switch on either the intensive or regular type there are two pieces of plastic one on each side real close to the holes that mount the switch to the white metal housing the steering assembly was supposed to be removed after removing both positive and negitive cables from the battery and waiting for 30 mins. to let the systems airbag sensors time to de-energize so they don't cause pain and more $$$$$$$ suffering, so back to the extra slots that are molded to the switch housing and looking at the old housing that I took no pain what so ever in removing only to find my switch was fine and my rear wiper has become posessed and runs without any control by switch removed it still runs and just like it should if I had it running it is constant when in reverse as it should, so if this has happened to others and your rear wiper still runs even when the control switch has and is removed, please help!!!!!!! The pleasure was all mine and the savings to all others is my way of helping those in return, ALSO CV-BOOT OUTER REPLACEMENT HAS BEEN MADE VERY EASY WITH AN CONTROLLED TOOL THAT ALLOWS THE BOOT TO BE STREACHED TO GO OVER THE CV- JOINT INSTEAD OF REMOVING IT AND THEN SLIDING IT OVER THE SMALL END THEN MAKING THE JOB LESS THAN 30 MINS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.