BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 325i
Have had the wipers replaced twice becuause they are chattering\jumping accross the windshield and am still having the issue. If the windshield is dry there are no issues -- real smooth and quiet. If there is just a little water so wipers run intermitent(?) there is no an issue. However, if there a decent amount of water, so much that the wipers run at there normal speed, the wipers are loud. Then appear to skip accross the windshield, and when they return to their start position they make a clucking sound. Now, if there is a remendous amount of water and wipers run at fastest speed then there is no issue.

Any thoughts??

·
Too Beaucoup
335 Posts
Wish I could give some advice, but I'm stumped on this one.

This surely doesn't help, but one of the things I love about my E90 are the wipers! Mine are quiet and very efficient at all speeds. Much better than what I have on my Jeep.

The wiper system consists of a motor, arm, and blades. If you've had the blades changed twice, and there's still a problem (skipping and noise when stopped), then maybe it's the motor? :dunno: But that doesn't make sense since you're experiencing the problem at only one particular speed...

My past experiences with skipping wipers has been when there's not enough water on the windshield for them to "glide" across. But you're not having that problem...

Good luck, and please let us know what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts