Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I recently bought a 2004 530i that has given me more problems than I care to share, but most recently the biggest pain is that the car wouldn’t start so long story short I had to buy a new key but now when I start the car the wipers come on and stay on and the trunk lid pops open whenever it feels like. Anyone ever experience this type of malfunction before and if so what was the solution?

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm betting that the two problems have nothing at all to do with the new key. I'd bet that the wiper switch is defective, and that your trunk switch is as well (apparently, that's a common problem). There's no direct connection from the ignition circuit to the wiper or the trunk release.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are the wipers and the trunk switch on the same bus?
Yes they are. I was thinking about having the SGM checked out. I’m new to BMW but with this quarantine I have time to learn. I know the interior trunk switch goes through the CAS and the wipers and exterior button go through the KBM, but they both go through the SGM. I’m trying to work from there with that bit of knowledge. Going to pull codes later today.

·
Registered
599 Posts
When you launch ISTA-D and you get the tree diagram of all the modules, can you see the CAS and KBM are in yellow?

If so, do the tests ISTA will navigate you to perform.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts