Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have no response from the wiper stalk. Sprayers do work. Swapped relays with the rear, check ok. 30amp fuse is good. Checked linkage it's free, swapped wiper motor with new anyways it's all good. Is there another fuse somewhere iam missing? Does anyone have a wiring diagram? Cant seem to find power at the 30amp fuse or at the motor connector. I did a scan with inpa and get those 2 codes. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been researching can't find much. But I did compare the numbers on the front and rear relays which are identical. I switched them with the same result so that would make me think the relay is good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any idea if in inpa there is a way to turn on the wipers? That would help determine if the stalk is bad

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,811 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
was going to post that this goes through the JBE, but Ard beat me to it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So still working on this. I have power at the 30amp fuse. When the rear wiper works power only goes to the fuse when its activated then the power drops out. The front the 30amp is always live. Thinking next would be cleaning the szl module and swapping wiper stalk to see

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,811 Posts
I still wonder what model car he might be working on???????????????????????????????????????????????????

If you can read and understand the manual and schematics, it should help immensely. If you cant, you will waste $$$$.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have the same problem

Hi there!
I got the same problem. I have accidentally broken the wire which comes to a wipers' motor. I believe the wire got shorted. After I fixed the wire, the wipers still didn't work. I checked all fuses and relays. INPA shows me 2 codes: A6CA, A6C9. Any ideas?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,811 Posts
Ryan was last on bimmerfest in July 2019.... never heard definitively what it was.

Olek, have you looked at and traced circuits and voltages on the schematics on www.newtis.info ????

·
Registered
4 Posts
What was already done:
-wiper motor removed and tested
-wiring from the fuse box to the motor checked
-fuse F50 and relay K37 checked/replaced from another BMW
-the voltage on the wiper motor pins measured:
It has 4 pins. On pin #1, which has brown/green color wire, it has about 11 V. This one is responsible for the parking of the wipers. 3 rest don't have any power. One of them always has ground. However, 2 rest have ground only if I didn't try to turn on the wipers. After I do that, they lost even ground. From the diagrams, it looks like these two wires have to have power when I turn on the wipers. Also, if I start the car and try to turn the wipers on, the relay clicks one time. After that, it doesn't click until I turn the ignition off and start again.
Any more ideas?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,811 Posts
Replace the JBE.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts