BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front window wiper are resting in the wrong postion, pretty much straight up, after driving through so nasty weather with high winds. So, to get them out of the way. I have to just push them down out of view. next time I use them, they stay standing straight up between wipes. Anyone run into this and no the correct way to adjust them back to normal. I'm thinking I might have to get into the linkage under the hood, since my theory is that if I just adjust the arms, it will mess up the arc positions it goes through. And start wacking the lower windshield or shooting off the side of the window. The wipers work, but this is annoying. Help!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not as simple as taking the arms off and repostioning them. As I suspected since the movement of the blades was ok, just the resting spott was off. Turns out there is some sort of wiper timing that needed to be reset. Had a good indy shop fix it for me, less than an hour. Kudos to 3d Autoworks in Hudson.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.