BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to wire an amp to the stock stereo. I know there is a wiring diagram but I dont know what color does what. I just need to know what color does what. I.E. what color is the right rca and what color is the left rca, or which one turns the amp on and off. Thanks!
Paul

·
Registered
689 Posts
do you have DSP or a stock amp? or you running your amp of your rear speaker?? a path of how you plan to do it could be helpful at first...

i tapped into my rear speakers and used the purple with white stripe for power. as for rca's your going to need a high low converter, unless you plan on wiring directly to your head unit, which for me was a pain so i just got a high low converter about $20 aus.

If you are tapping into your rear speakers, your rear speaker cables go to your amp, and you power the rear speakers from the amp.

hope that helps, btw the way remember to disconnect your batteryy before you do it, you dont want to blow anything...

and using the search function really does help..

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
n3rd said:
I want to wire an amp to the stock stereo. I know there is a wiring diagram but I dont know what color does what. I just need to know what color does what. I.E. what color is the right rca and what color is the left rca, or which one turns the amp on and off. Thanks!
Paul
Assuming you have the non-DSP, the wiring diagram tells you all you need to know ...
http://bmwtips.com/tipsntricks/tips_pages/E39 speaker color codes (non-DSP).htm

Cheers,
Bill

·
Registered
689 Posts
theres heaps of places you could use, just find anything metal from the main structure that you can put a bolt onto. I used the poll that holds the spare wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.