BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to announce my proud purchase of what I will truly now deem "the ultimate driving machine!" Being that my budget for car-buying was in the high $20K, I didn't think my dream of owning and driving a BMW would come true. Therefore, I was limited to looking at other cars which I would "settle" on, until that could happen. Well, I ended up finding a great 2001 certified pre-owned 325i. It was in emmaculate condition and I couldn't have been luckier! I was orginally looking at an AWD, but came to the conclusion that my travels to the mountains didn't fully substantiate the extra bucks. Besides, I can always borrow a friend's suv for the snow. Now I can fully relate to the pride and prestige that comes with BMW ownership. There's no other way to put it, this car is intoxicately fun to drive!! :D

·
Registered
513 Posts
Congrats. The advantage of CPO is that you now have your wheels while a whole bunch of us are waiting many weeks for our dream to come in. I ordered 9/6, have a production date of 10/4, and will probably get delivery in late November per my dealer. Arrghhh. Happy driving!

Add: I just saw your other post. Didn't realize the connection until now. I think you will be happy with your 325i instead of the xi. You will spend most of your time on dry pavement, so you will enjoy the day-to-day performance that your i will offer you.

·
...worked on the railroad
1,054 Posts
Zaphod said:
Congrats! Enjoy the drive.
Ah! Then our new Bimmers will probably be on the same boat that comes into Port Hueneme (I think that's where they come in), put on the truck, and driven out the 405 to Orange County.

I ordered my car the same day as you did (Crevier BMW), and have the same production date.

Did you go through Irvine BMW, Crevier, or another dealer? Savage BMW in Ontario is actually closer to me, but I really like Crevier (and it's been my experience that dealers in Orange County treat you better than in the Inland Empire)

May God give us the patience to wait! Arrrrgh!

·
Registered
71 Posts
car_for_mom said:

Ah! Then our new Bimmers will probably be on the same boat that comes into Port Hueneme (I think that's where they come in), put on the truck, and driven out the 405 to Orange County.

I ordered my car the same day as you did (Crevier BMW), and have the same production date.

Did you go through Irvine BMW, Crevier, or another dealer? Savage BMW in Ontario is actually closer to me, but I really like Crevier (and it's been my experience that dealers in Orange County treat you better than in the Inland Empire)

May God give us the patience to wait! Arrrrgh!
All west coast vehicles come in through Port Hueneme VPC. If you are in So. Cal., you'll get your car a tad quicker than the no.cals, depending on what accessories you are doing with your dealer. Then your car will be trucked via the 101 to the 405, or elsewhere depending on where your dealer is located. I just saw an offload at a local dealer the other day. Ahhhhh...the excitement!

·
DHP pwns ZHP :p
7,078 Posts
Hey fastcat,

Congrats on the wheels... I too am hoping to be the owner of a Bimmer too... (hoping) Where did you buy from?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
doeboy said:
Hey fastcat,

Congrats on the wheels... I too am hoping to be the owner of a Bimmer too... (hoping) Where did you buy from?
Valley BMW, Modesto. :thumbup: Great group of salesguys, and very professional. Got tired of the elusive, alienating reception over in the bay area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts