BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Bimmerfest Founder
Joined
·
15,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sold an Audi TT Roadster (Black) 225hp that has been in stock for only 456 days....

Let's see... What was I doing when this car was first invoiced to Cutter Motors?

:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,548 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Woohooo!!! :-o

Jon Shafer said:


Let's see...

I only have (3) more 2001 Audis remaining...

2 are A6 2.7T's, and one more TTR...

$1,000.00 comm. is a great motivator!

:yikes:
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Jonny, does using Launch Control on a E46 M3 SMG "X" number of times void your warranty?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
376 Posts
What took so long???

John,

What took so long to sell that roadster? What about those 2.7ts?

Just curious....

Vu
 

·
Bimmerfest Founder
Joined
·
15,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: What took so long???

VDPHB said:
John,

What took so long to sell that roadster? What about those 2.7ts?

Just curious....

Vu
Why'd it take so long to sell them, Vu?

The answer is that they (all manufacturers e.g. Audi, Porsche, BMW) are trying to ram just too many roadsters down the buying public's throat... Just how many roadster sales can the market support, anyway? How many can they realistically hope to retail?? The biggest problem with the TTR is the total lack of availability of an automatic transmission. Let's face it ~ the majority of the buyers of these cars are of the feminine gender who (if I can be allowed to generalize a bit here) not only prefer, but often require an automatic transmission in order to at least operate their vehicle. As a percentage of the "n" total of all vehicle sales, vehicles with manual gearboxes are a rapidly shrinking population. If Audi wants to sell more TT Roadsters they need to step up to the plate and develop a tiptronic or CVT for this car...

...Just my $02...

Btw, I have nothing against automatic transmissions, or the people who drive them... It won't be long before that's all that one can buy...
 

·
Bimmerfest Founder
Joined
·
15,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
more

As for the 2.7T's, one is Black/Black, and the other is White/Black.
Both are "enthusiast spec." (sport pkg, xenons, ...etc). The 2.7T, with it's 250 hp bi-turbo is a great car, but not quite the formidable competitor to the class benchmark BMW E39 5-Series that Audi was hoping that it would be. The car has not been what I would consider a "retail success", but has added incremental sales for Audi in the USA...
 

·
A sudden sense of liberty
Joined
·
3,939 Posts
Re: more

Jon Shafer said:
As for the 2.7T's, one is Black/Black, and the other is White/Black.
Both are "enthusiast spec." (sport pkg, xenons, ...etc). The 2.7T, with it's 250 hp bi-turbo is a great car, but not quite the formidable competitor to the class benchmark BMW E39 5-Series that Audi was hoping that it would be. The car has not been what I would consider a "retail success", but has added incremental sales for Audi in the USA...
Wonder if there is any truth to the rumor that the 2.7T engine accounts for 50 percent of all AoA warranty claims?
 

·
Bimmerfest Founder
Joined
·
15,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Re: more

JST said:


Wonder if there is any truth to the rumor that the 2.7T engine accounts for 50 percent of all AoA warranty claims?
Funny that you should say that...

I heard a rumor yesterday that Audi is shifting away from its "Turbo Strategy". In other words, they are going to target BMW head on with high output normally aspirated powerplants...

Turbocharging is a cheap way to gain H.P., but costs way too much in the long run... Back when cars had short warranties it wasn't a problem...

:tsk:
 

·
Brilliant!
Joined
·
9,932 Posts
So John does that beat the white 325Ci, "enthusiast's special," for longevity on Cutter's lot??
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top