BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cel phone

Thanks very much for the reply to my post. I will look in to the data you provided. I definitely need something reliable as the detached bluetooth devices don't work to my satisfaction.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Although I looked into service for my working BMW phone, I haven't figured it out yet; I got a window mount kit for my Droid and a great etyblu earpiece, so that on longer rides (the other day in bad traffic 50 miles took 2 hours - don't I love southern CA) I can reach people. The phone also provides GPS and traffic info at your fingertips, so I don't miss the stock BMW navi (which mine doesn't have), but I do think it would be nice to use the built-in phone. The DICE kit includes bluetooth, but I gather it's unreliable, so I went with the non-bluetooth USAVspec solution instead: rock solid

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Bimmer

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have the nav system in my 740iL, and I have been using a bluetooth device made by a company called Anycom. The device hooks on the visor and works pretty well. It has redial and voice dial capability but lacks clarity and convenience of an integrated system. I have spent a lot of time checking around and the BMW integrated phone cannot be activated because it is an outdated system. I found a phone system that will work in the integrated system, but the price is around $800.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I found a phone system that will work in the integrated system, but the price is around $800.
ah, would you mind posting a link, or name? I'm curious. there's really no need in this age of mobile communications, but one of the things this car satisfies, in my opinion, is gadget love - so many little things to play with... ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.