BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always wanted to get an m5 but don't really want to spend 90 grand on a car, i am wondering if it's worth getting a 2006-2007 m5 since they aren't certified preowned. Any advice would be appreciated thank you.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem i have is that i heard the 2006 models had smg problems or something right, also it's so hard to know how the car has been taken care of people screw down mileage all the time lol. Thanks.

·
Search: Top right corner
1,127 Posts
The problem i have is that i heard the 2006 models had smg problems or something right, also it's so hard to know how the car has been taken care of people screw down mileage all the time lol. Thanks.
People "screw" down mileage on digital odometers now? :dunno:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just be sure to do a ppi before making a purchase on a '06

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Easily lol can screw down mileage on any car just some are a lot more expensive then others.
+1 , they do reset it to whatever reading you want

·
Ich liebe mein BMW
3,761 Posts
Amazing how the prices dropped for the 2006 model year. It's very tempting to pick one up, maybe from someone on M5board.
Although some good lease deals can be had on new ones as well.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
If I was to buy a used M5, I would look on the M5board.com. Check out the member, look over his history of posts and see what has been done to and with the car.

No where else and no other time in history could information like this be had.

·
*Åþråh Cådåþråh*
4,283 Posts
Great cars just look for one that has been taken care of
+1
The M5 is worth your money!

Just make sure you have it inspected.

·
Registered
13 Posts
yeah man its worth it i was goin to get one before i got my m3 it was a used one for just 52,000 grand onoy 12k miles it was great but since im so young n little i figured the coupe would suit me best but i say go for it bro

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
so are you saying that BMW simply won't CPO any M5s? Is that true? I have never heard that before.

Why won't they? (is it because they suck and BMW knows they will lose money by CPOing the cars, or is there some other reason?) :dunno:

·
Ich liebe mein BMW
3,761 Posts
so are you saying that BMW simply won't CPO any M5s? Is that true? I have never heard that before.

Why won't they? (is it because they suck and BMW knows they will lose money by CPOing the cars, or is there some other reason?) :dunno:
Correct, they will not CPO or extend warranty/maintenance on any 2006 and up M5. I am not sure if the reason has been brought up here before.

·
Registered
265 Posts
it's probably (my speculation) because the cost of replacing parts being so high

·
Registered
101 Posts
How has the supercharger been on the car? High-maintenance? It's such a nice car. I'm getting sick of finding parking with my 7 series. I guess it serves me right for being a 'real' new yorker and driving a 7. I just love the drive out to long island during the summer ;-)

·
Registered
766 Posts
How has the supercharger been on the car? High-maintenance? It's such a nice car. I'm getting sick of finding parking with my 7 series. I guess it serves me right for being a 'real' new yorker and driving a 7. I just love the drive out to long island during the summer ;-)
Tribeca, E60 M5 has naturally aspirated V-10, no supercharger.... not yet.

5.0-liter, V-10 engine, 500 hp
High performance from high-speed engines: that's the philosophy of BMW M. This compact, high-revving, V-10 power unit develops enormous thrust and muscle that's always on tap. At 5.0 liters of displacement and 500 horsepower, the V-10 produces 100 horsepower per liter - a remarkable feat for a naturally aspirated production engine. And its power-to-weight ratio of one horsepower per each eight pounds is a figure more representative of a racecar than one you'd have in your driveway.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
There are some awesome used M5 deals out there. I just bought one.

If you don't want to take the M5 plunge and want a fast M3. I'm selling my Supercharged E46 / M3:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ansmission=&max_price=&cardist=0&rdpage=thumb
Tribeca, E60 M5 has naturally aspirated V-10, no supercharger.... not yet.

5.0-liter, V-10 engine, 500 hp
High performance from high-speed engines: that's the philosophy of BMW M. This compact, high-revving, V-10 power unit develops enormous thrust and muscle that's always on tap. At 5.0 liters of displacement and 500 horsepower, the V-10 produces 100 horsepower per liter - a remarkable feat for a naturally aspirated production engine. And its power-to-weight ratio of one horsepower per each eight pounds is a figure more representative of a racecar than one you'd have in your driveway.
quoted the post about the SC car.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Correct, they will not CPO or extend warranty/maintenance on any 2006 and up M5. I am not sure if the reason has been brought up here before.
There is a thread over on M5Board about BMW now offering CPOs for the M5. I dont have the link, but its there....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts