1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,020 Posts
gorgeous color combo and low miles...

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
With a thorough PPI, gold star results, and also the assumption you understand M is up another level in terms of repairs (some parts can be 2x the cost and those engines historically have not been meant for soccer mom duty), yes.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
One sold in Charleston SC recently with 32,000 miles for $30,000 but that was a private seller. Same Blue M.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,228 Posts
Pull an oil sample and send it to Blackstone.....

·
Registered
287 Posts
Get an inspection at an Independent BMW shop if possible.

My guess is that the car got traded in by the original owner and that the dealership for some reason didn't want to resell it. That may be because it didn't fit their brand or they didn't want to deal reselling a car that doesn't meet their standard possibly since it needed a repair that they didn't want to pay for. Anyway this parking lot dealership got it at auction from the dealership that got in on trade.

3rd party warranties can be tricky. Some can have a preexisting condition clause. I talked to one and they won't cover the x5m due to worst case repair cost for them.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,228 Posts
Get a Warranty. Does the S63 have the same oil consumption issues as the n63 ?
Is it a 'oil consumption issue'????

Or is it a 'injectors not balanced causing AFR imbalances, leading to excessive oil shear, internal engine wear, and higher oil usage" issue?

;)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts