Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a 330GT this summer in Munich. Will be my 4th 3 series and 2nd ED, but the first ED was in 2011 and it seems the program has changed since then.

All these numbers are before taxes...
MSRP-base 45400
MSport 3450
Premium 3000
Estoril Blue 550
Red Dakota Leather 1450
Destination 995
MSRP-total 54845
US Invoice 51490 (calculated by looking up invoice on truecar, but seems invoice is 94% of msrp)
EU Invoice 48965 (calculated by 5% ED lower invoice price)
Lease Incentive -3500
USAA Incentive -250
Loyalty Incentive -750
Net Invoice Minus Incentives 44465
Dealer Profit-2% 900 (what I think is a fair profit for the dealership)
Acceptable Price 45365 (amount to be leased)
Residual % (36mo/10k) 0.61
Residual Value 33455.45 (msrp * .61, I think this is US MSRP not the reduced EU MSRP)
DownPayment 0
Net Capitalized Cost 45365
Depreciation over term 11909.55 (NCC-RV)
Term (in months) 36
Monthly depreciation 330.8208333 (Depreciation / 36)
Net cost + residual 78820.45
Money factor 0.001875
Money Factor monthly cost 147.7883438
Bottom line payment 478.61 (depreciation plus money factor)

My local dealer seems really off with our numbers and I'm wondering where I am wrong and will appreciate any insight from folks who know a lot about ED who can help.

·
Registered
357 Posts
There are a few things that look off to me. Try to search for the thread that goes through step by step how to calculate the invoice for US or ED, it might be here or on the other forum, not sure.

-So yes ED is 5% lower than US but that is ONLY for the BASE price of the car, not the options so you can not take the 95% of the total MSRP.
-The options/package are the same price whether you do US or European delivery.
-Destination charge is the same (995), MSRP or invoce, there is no discount on this
-Basically to the best of my knowledge, no incentives apply to ED nowdays; NO lease incentive or loyalty or USAA; Only BMW CCA - but please confirm this with someone else
- How did you get your money factor of .001875 . . . .current base money factor is 0.00188, with the ED adder of 0.00035 it will be 0.00223

·
Aviator
2,930 Posts
-
-Basically to the best of my knowledge, no incentives apply to ED nowdays; NO lease incentive or loyalty or USAA; Only BMW CCA - but please confirm this with someone else.
Sadly, this is the new normal with ED :cry:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

Thanks for the response. The part that's throwing me is that the dealer seems to be using the EU MSRP for residual instead of the US residual. Is that typical? For my last EU, the residual was based on US MSRP.

I'll look for the thread explaining. I dug through bimmerpost but will try to check elsewhere.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thanks for the response. The part that's throwing me is that the dealer seems to be using the EU MSRP for residual instead of the US residual. Is that typical? For my last EU, the residual was based on US MSRP.

I'll look for the thread explaining. I dug through bimmerpost but will try to check elsewhere.
https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=917430

US MSRP should be used for the residual. BMWFS probably wouldn't accept that contract anyway

·
Registered
2018 X5M
1,714 Posts
What is the dealer doc fee? Your dealership profit is too high, considering this is a “freebie” for the dealership to fill out ED paperwork. Does the experience of ED outweigh the significant loss of US delivery incentives, including the ED MF modifier?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dealer profit

I rounded up from 2% of invoice to get to $900. Just an arbitrary amount but thought it would make up for the work necessary to complete the sale.

So far every dealer response has added on $599-799 in documentation fees above this profit just because. A bit frustrating, but oh well as I've got time.

I just found out about Performance Center Delivery which seems great paired with a euro delivery. So I'll also try calling around the dealers listed on the board to see who can process the deal for me and deliver it to Greenville.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I rounded up from 2% of invoice to get to $900. Just an arbitrary amount but thought it would make up for the work necessary to complete the sale.

So far every dealer response has added on $599-799 in documentation fees above this profit just because. A bit frustrating, but oh well as I've got time.

I just found out about Performance Center Delivery which seems great paired with a euro delivery. So I'll also try calling around the dealers listed on the board to see who can process the deal for me and deliver it to Greenville.
You can basically order from any dealer in the country when you do ED and PCD delivery. If want any dealer recs send me a PM. My guy is great, very upfront about what the invoice price is and he prices everything from invoice so everything is clear.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I did a ED last September in Munich on a 530e. Only rebate is bmwcc. Options are about .92 and the 5percent discoint on base. You go for the experience not the rebates etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts