BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide whether to buy a 1997 BMW 328i with 120,000 Km or 74564 Miles. The aforementioned car has no accidents. Would I, a newbie to automotive mechanics be able to service a 1997 BMW 328i such as the aforementioned car? If yes, to what degree and at what cost?

·
OEM Hoe....
1,828 Posts
I am trying to decide whether to buy a 1997 BMW 328i with 120,000 Km or 74564 Miles. The aforementioned car has no accidents. Would I, a newbie to automotive mechanics be able to service a 1997 BMW 328i such as the aforementioned car? If yes, to what degree and at what cost?
There's a sticky at the very top of our forum ( god I live that sticky,) go check it out, read ALL of it, and then fire away with any remaining questions.

·
Registered
47 Posts
In addition to that sticky, it's not so much about being a bmw newbie, but more on you, your handiness with tools, and how well you can read DIYs and understand what they're saying. So far in my experience there's a lot of DIY's out there that are very helpful ***8211; and all work I've done on my car so far has been pretty easy.

Two of my favorites are the Pelican guides at pelicanparts.com, and the other is some guy's blog, just google Doug's Domain BMW.

They'll give you a pretty good idea of what you're looking at to maintain it, and both have a lot of pictures of the work they've done.

·
Under the lift arms
13,170 Posts
I would the the higher mileage one, I have a 97 with 140

Chances are more stuff has already been done on the higher mileage one

Sent from my ADR6300 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would the the higher mileage one, I have a 97 with 140

Chances are more stuff has already been done on the higher mileage one

Sent from my ADR6300 using Bimmer App
I don't think it's an option between two cars, I think he just did the conversion from km to miles for us...?

At about 75k a few important things are due to break, but they're stickies about that above you can read.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts