BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Leave gun. Take Canoli.
7,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't own one, but was considering buying the new GoPro drone and Hero5 when they come out in a few days. I have PCD (assuming my car makes it down there in time on the 14th) and M school on 12-16. Would they allow you to use a drone to film some stuff of other people driving? Or is there even time while you are waiting? I'm assuming they'd probably frown on the idea for safety reasons in case it fell onto the track. Or maybe you could just do some fly overs after the day is over just to get some footage of the PC, track and area.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
I dont know if they would allow it but personally I would hope not... I know this is the age of "share everything" but I would not be happy personally to have someone filming me without my consent at something like an M school, then posting it online. In fact, I would be pretty angry.

At least with a picture you are at least taking it yourself or focused on yourself flying something over the track that could cause damage to others if you lost control of it, etc. So, I dont know, but would hope they say no (and thats not directed specifically at you, so hopefully you dont take it that way).

·
Leave gun. Take Canoli.
7,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear what you're saying and no offense taken, although I doubt you'd be able to see anyone's face looking down at a car from the top. I've never owned a drone so I don't know exactly how flying them goes/works, but I figure they'd probably say no to flying it over the track while cars are going and I'd probably feel at least slightly nervous doing it. Perhaps I'd just do some fly overs of the facility in general after the days activities are over.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I hear what you're saying and no offense taken, although I doubt you'd be able to see anyone's face looking down at a car from the top. I've never owned a drone so I don't know exactly how flying them goes/works, but I figure they'd probably say no to flying it over the track while cars are going and I'd probably feel at least slightly nervous doing it. Perhaps I'd just do some fly overs of the facility in general after the days activities are over.
Doesn't hurt to ask. Give them a call.

·
Leave gun. Take Canoli.
7,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turns out that the new DJI Mavic Pro that I want isn't going to be out til the end of October, after my PCD, so I guess I will just take a GoPro on the new GoPro gimbal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts