Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
take a look at this...

http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/auction/69891549?aucview=0x23

it's pretty banged up, as you could see, but it looks like a steal!

What would you probably have to do to fix this exterior up? would talking this to a shop be the best option, or would that just rake up enough money to buy a nice bimmer? The engine need work, which I think it no problem, but I've never dealt with exteriors with this extensive amount of damage. would would in in order for this car?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Well this isn’t a Ferrari board but judging by the pictures.. Notice carefully the rear quarter panels just behind the doors.. They’re creased on both sides. I would say the car, among other impacts, was rear-ended to a reasonable extent. And don’t forget the engine is back there. I’d say at or under $10k it would make a fun dune-buggy where you wouldn’t have to fix it up or care that it didn’t track… other than that, as they say “Buyer beware”.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't even think of buying a crashed Ferrari. Many buyers get in trouble buying a "cheap" Ferrari even in good condition. They often forget that it can sometimes cost an incredible amount to keep one serviced and running, not to mention when (not if) something breaks. I can only imagine a damaged Ferrari would be even more of a money pit. However, I'm no expert. I'd ask around on the Ferrari boards. Let us know if you decide to go for it...it would be interesting to hear about the final result.

·
non sequitur
888 Posts
Looks like it spun out from the damage on all four corners. I'd guess that parts and labor costs to repair that would exceed 15k easily.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
ff said:
I didn't know that Volvo made sports cars... Oh, that's a Ferrari!!!!
Volvo ? Pininfarina copied that rear design from Bangle, me thinks :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
fuz said:
Looks like it spun out from the damage on all four corners. I'd guess that parts and labor costs to repair that would exceed 15k easily.
I "dinged" 2 corners of my 2001 Ci and it took $15,000 to fix, maybe you meant the tax on the repair would exceed 15k easily...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts