BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
mbmz3
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t understand this with most folks getting build weeks in the 30’s and 40’s.

On July 11 (week 27) I go by a dealer and ask if they have Coupe that I can order for a delivery sometime in Sept/Oct time frame.

The CA says, you know we have several openings for cars to be built the week of July 26 (week 29) for a Aug/Sept delivery, I say OK and plunk down a deposit and ordered the car.

Well the CA called me back and said that the build was for a week 26 not July 26 and I said isn’t this week 27? He said yes, but there has been a delay at the factory and your car with your options was able to start being made this week.

Well here it is, July 24(week 29) and the car is built and on its way for transit here. I should get it mid to late August.

Now not that I'm not happy about being built so quickly or anything, but I'm kind of worried.

I special ordered a unique color combo and now I am kind of worried that I didn’t get the color combo I wanted.

What would you do if you ordered a car and it came in differently than you ordered it?

later

'07 335i Coupe, Barbera Red Metallic, Saddle Brown/Black Dakota Leather, Dark Burl Walnut, Sport, Automatic/Steptronic, Paddles, Heated Seats, Nav, SIRIUS.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sounds like dealer's prob if ordered incorrectly.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Just wait until the car comes in. If and when it comes into the dealer and you realize that the car is a different color or has more/less options than you had initially wanted than you have several choices.

1. See if the color combo it comes in is something you could live with (if not the original color combo).
2. If you don't like it simply refuse it and see if they are willing to compensate you in anyway for ordering another one... and how are they going to compensate you. ie. discount your next car, give you things for free or discounted rates such as iPod, CD changer, etc.
3. If you end up not being able to walk away from the 335 engine (even though it is not in the color combo you want) see if they are going to compensate you again.
4. Know that you always have the option to refuse delivery and get a full refund of your deposit.

·
Confessed Bimmer Fanatic
728 Posts
Maybe I read your post too quickly, but what does an earlier-than-expected build week have to do with your color combo?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Im guessing he was having 2nd thoughts and thought he had time to change his order?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Call the CA's manager and get a copy of the build sheet? Or call BMWNA and see if they can give you the details on the car if you give them the VIN? Just a couple of ideas..

·
Registered
402 Posts
Call the CA's manager and get a copy of the build sheet? Or call BMWNA and see if they can give you the details on the car if you give them the VIN? Just a couple of ideas..
Get the production or VIN # and you can see all the colors/option on BWM's Owner circle. Or get the build sheet from the dealer. I'm sure everything is fine, you just got lucky.

A

1 - 7 of 7 Posts