BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.donohooauto.com/detail-2007-bmw-3_series-2dr_cpe_335i_rwd-used-5471689.html

Depending on how much the dealer gives for my tradein and how much I can haggle this price down, I think I can afford this car paying cash. It has an "aftermarket exhaust" which sounds like the downpipes and muffler is just cut out, but it is a rocket compared to the other 335i I drove. Also, there are some flaws to the car such as the vinyl(?) around the steering wheel buttons is peeling slightly, the windshield tint is peeling slightly, the sideskirts seem aftermarket and one doesn't fit 100%. However, it is a CPO, in my price range and a white manual coupe (which is what I want) and LOCAL. Also, it is not a buyback and has never had a HPFP problem. But it is a lease. Urgh. Thoughts, please.

·
Dedicated Airman
271 Posts
I'd say it's a pretty damn good deal. If you price somethin like that out today you'd probably be close to the $48k range. You can try and haggle them to reduce for what you think it will cost for new tint and minor touch-ups.

Before any big purchase take one more quick look to make sure you don't miss out on any other deals, if not then go for it. Best of luck to ya.

·
Registered
206 Posts
believe it or not but i almost bought a car from that company, funny enough they have some of the best prices around town. Id say thats a great price, and dont be too stressed bout the vinyl peeling, thats a regular defect in every other car ive seen.

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
Deleted. Interaction decay.

·
Officially Contaminated
3,052 Posts
Absolutely not. Someone has gotten there hands dirty with this car. Modified daytime running lights. Blacked out grill. Side skirts look messed up. You say the exhaust is not OEM. I'd say with high confidence that the car has been tuned. Who knows what else is/has been done to it....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But if it has been tuned before the CPO, and they said it didn't effect the warranty, wouldn't that almost be a benefit? I know the clutch may be a concern, but a warrantied tuned car might be a plus...

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'd keep looking. The side skirts don't seem to fit correctly...they look like they are pushed back toward the rear wheels. I would suspect an accident or unprofessional mods. It could turn out okay, but carefully examine the car's history for damage.

·
Registered
764 Posts
But if it has been tuned before the CPO, and they said it didn't effect the warranty, wouldn't that almost be a benefit? I know the clutch may be a concern, but a warrantied tuned car might be a plus...
I would assume that the car was purchased as a CPO and then tuned, not the other way around. I can't believe that car would be eligable for CPO with aftermarket mods.

I agree with most of the other respondants here - the car isn't worth the risk. It's a manufacturer's vehicle plus it's had 2 additional owners, so you're looking at a 3 owner car with a suspect history.

In my opinion, the price isn't that much better than you could get CPO off a BMW lot for. And it's likely that at BMW you'd find a 1-owner car that has just been put through the CPO process.

·
Registered
422 Posts
In my opinion, the price isn't that much better than you could get CPO off a BMW lot for. And it's likely that at BMW you'd find a 1-owner car that has just been put through the CPO process.
I think a BMW dealer will charge at least $4k to $5k more for this same car. I would take the VIN number to a BMW dealer and ask about it's repair history in the BMW system. That has helped me on 2 BMW purchases recently.

It's hard for me to tell in the photos what may or may not be an issue here. I still think the car has potential.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.