BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Passionate Enthusiast
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ask this question because in the Seattle/Tacoma area you can't just go into the shop at the dealer and get an oil change. You have to make an appointment that I find is usually a week out. My job doesn't afford me the luxury of just making appointments whenever I feel like it. Does anybody use a lube shop besides the shop at BMW? If so any suggestions? :dunno:
I'd hate to not use BMW for this.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Can you do it yourself? It take less time than driving to ANY shop. Like 30-40 minutes if you take your time. And you can do it whenever it is convenient for YOU.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I ask this question because in the Seattle/Tacoma area you can't just go into the shop at the dealer and get an oil change. You have to make an appointment that I find is usually a week out. My job doesn't afford me the luxury of just making appointments whenever I feel like it. Does anybody use a lube shop besides the shop at BMW? If so any suggestions? :dunno:
I'd hate to not use BMW for this.
You seriously cannot find a morning to drop your car off once a year for a free oil change and laoner car? :dunno: Are you really that busy? :dunno:

Every company I have worked for knows folks have to get their car serviced and teeth cleaned. Good god where do you work? :dunno:

·
Thinking about ED #5
1,289 Posts
I can sympathize with the op, I'm in the same boat, some of us don't change our own oil and some of us don't have a job that allows us to take off whenever we want. My solution - I've found a dealer who will come to my garage at work and swap me out with a loaner and then do the reverse when the car is done. Maybe there's one in your area. To answer the original question I do not feel comfortable having a Jiffy Lube or whatever change the oil; I was in one of those with my Jeep once and noticed them putting the wrong type of oil into someone else's car!!! They wouldn't have done anything had I not said something to the guy.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I use a Valvoline lube shop to change my oil in between the yearly scheduled service. Very professional and use full synthetic oil. BUT, in order to keep your warranty intact, I believe it is in your best interest to have the BMW dealer do the yearly service. I would call the service manager and explain your situation and see if you can work out a mutually agreeable arrangement

·
Registered
568 Posts
You seriously cannot find a morning to drop your car off once a year for a free oil change and laoner car? :dunno: Are you really that busy? :dunno:

Every company I have worked for knows folks have to get their car serviced and teeth cleaned. Good god where do you work? :dunno:
My dealership told me that they do not give loaner cars for a 1 hr oil change appointment. Perhaps others do.

·
Officially Welcomed
188 Posts
My dealership told me that they do not give loaner cars for a 1 hr oil change appointment. Perhaps others do.
Grab your laptop, stop off at a Starbucks and wait the 1 hour.

"That was easy!"~ STAPLES :thumbup:

·
Registered
107 Posts
seriously now the dealer dropped off a loaner at my work (2 miles away) and took the car for its oil/service then brought it back whenever. sometimes more than a day.

is this not the case with all dealers?

·
Officially Welcomed
188 Posts
I haven't had an oil change yet so I do not know. Also, my work and the BMW Center where I purchased my car are 25 miles apart. When I first got my BMW, the center (Sales person named Hans from Santa Monica) took care of me and gave me a 328 loaner for about a week. Thank gawd it had bluetooth! =) I highly recommend Hans, he was amazing!

·
Registered
78 Posts

Some people I know, who are recent MBA grads, working as analysts for Goldman Sachs and all these big IB firms, really don't find time for anything. Even sometimes too tired to get laid or worried about not waking up after getting laid. Seriously.

But they all get paid like 400K+, which I think is a great compensation. I think they are planning to do something else though after a couple of years of those hard-core work.

Or some folks are just fortunate enough to have all the money from rich parents, which is all good too.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hello, Mike. I'm not in the Seattle area, but it's worth saying that I have used an independent BMW specialty shop to do three oil changes for my E90. I've had them do lots of other non-warranty work, too, and I'm always happy with the results.

Good Luck!

Snaxster

·
Bad Lieutenant
6,358 Posts
My local Dinan authorized shop does my oil changes, take 30 minutes and I just wait for it. See if you have an authorized BMW service center that is not a dealership near you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts