Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about one month from ordering a jet black 2003 330Ci with sand leather seats and beige interior (see attached image). I was wondering if anyone here have had experience with this interior color combination. My concern is, wether the sand leather seats and the beige interior would look/become very dirty after a short time and stay that way even after cleaning the interior :cry:
If this is the case I might go with black leather and grey interior -since this would probably look nice for a longer period...

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
I have gray leather/gray (I guess you can get the seats/interior as separate colors there?). It gets dirty quickly but I think it's worth it. Sorry I can't offer any info on Sand.

--SONET

·
•••••••
16,118 Posts
I had a beige-ish/taupe-ish interior in my last car... a Mazda MX-6. It stained. Lots.

I went with black leather/interior on the Bimmer. Shows dust and dirt more easily, but there will be no visible stains!

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
I have sand in my other car. It looked great when new, but it's awfull now, 4 years old. If you have kids, don't order light color.

·
Elected by grace
1,945 Posts
Why not just go with Natural Brown Leather? :dunno:

It's darker than sand so it should hide the dirt better, and in my opinion it's a better color.

Here is a link to one of our members JB/Nat Brown Leather 330i.

http://www.bariaur.com/e39/natbrown.html

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Good advice IndyMike... Natural Brown is the perfect compromise. Plus it's not as common as the other colors, it's classy, and it looks awesome with Birch trim IMHO. :thumbup:

--SONET

·
Registered
71 Posts
A friend of mine has a 323i with the Sandette. The car is just over 3 years old. His interior looks great. He has a 9 year-old daughter. He has complained that he has to work on the interior often to keep it clean, but he apparently does a good job as I have never noticed it to be dirty. He recommended that I go with the black, especially with having a kid on the way! The sand is nice, the black may be more practical if not nicer. Good luck. You won't go wrong regardless!

·
Registered
738 Posts
I've had 3 E46s with three different interiors (sand, grey and black) and I by far prefer the black. The sand would be my next choice, followed by grey. There was just something about that combo that looked like the inside of an emergency room... it was too plain and sterile. Not to mention the seats got pretty dirty, the mats showed stains easily and the interior door pulls got very dirty from everyday use.

·
Ölmeßstabmeister
762 Posts
I have Sand leather in mine... I think its the overall best looking of the interiors (I'm not a fan of black interiors and the myrtle wood stands out better against the sand than grey).

Here's my experience:

Leather seats - only one minor problem -- a small black rub mark about 2-3 inches long has formed on the driver's seat where my belt rubs against the seat.

Carpeting -- front Floor mats starting to show some minor stains from mud/grease on shoes -- time to clean them. But not that bad for 15 months of use...

forward part of lower inside door panel and plastic part of drivers seat-- showing minor scuffs from when my shoes move by getting in and out. These are the hardest to get off.

Other than that -- no problem. I'd get sand again. Actually, I think I'd get Nat Brown if it didn't have all the black lower dash and carpeting -- just makes the interior look too dark. Maybe I could get a two-tone Nat Brown seats with the rest of the Sand interior....

·
Hated by hater haters
1,652 Posts
My 99 323i is Orient Blue with Sand interior, and it looks great. I don't have kids and don't allow open drinks and food in the car, so no issue with stains.

I also have a Black 530i with Black interior. The Black shows dirt/dust more easily but it alos looks really nice.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have Sand 'ette in my 2001. Yeah, the floor mats collect their fair share of stains, but a little carpet cleaner takes care of that. Overall, I'm really happy with the color combination and would buy it again.

·
zeddy
7,668 Posts
K1 said:
I am about one month from ordering a jet black 2003 330Ci with sand leather seats and beige interior (see attached image). I was wondering if anyone here have had experience with this interior color combination. My concern is, wether the sand leather seats and the beige interior would look/become very dirty after a short time and stay that way even after cleaning the interior :cry:
If this is the case I might go with black leather and grey interior -since this would probably look nice for a longer period...

Thanks in advance!
I have Jet Black/Sand Leather and two years on, still looking great!!

I get my car detailed at least once a year.

My detailer never uses any leather conditioner; he insists the conditioners dry out the leather, thus causing a kind of catch 22: You must continue to use them to prevent the drying out once it's been started.

Instead, he uses simple soap and water to clean the leather.

He must be on to something; my car's seats look brand new two years on.

Ed

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
ZBB 325Ci said:
I have Sand leather in mine... I think its the overall best looking of the interiors (I'm not a fan of black interiors and the myrtle wood stands out better against the sand than grey).

Here's my experience:

Leather seats - only one minor problem -- a small black rub mark about 2-3 inches long has formed on the driver's seat where my belt rubs against the seat.

Carpeting -- front Floor mats starting to show some minor stains from mud/grease on shoes -- time to clean them. But not that bad for 15 months of use...

forward part of lower inside door panel and plastic part of drivers seat-- showing minor scuffs from when my shoes move by getting in and out. These are the hardest to get off.

Other than that -- no problem. I'd get sand again. Actually, I think I'd get Nat Brown if it didn't have all the black lower dash and carpeting -- just makes the interior look too dark. Maybe I could get a two-tone Nat Brown seats with the rest of the Sand interior....
I have sand 'ette and have only the same 3 issues mentioned above. I thought I was the only one with the "belt" marks.:)

·
Here since day one
7,180 Posts
The sand really gives a luxurious look while the Black gives a sporty look.

Natural Brown kind of combines the two and what is nice is the Nat Brown comes with black carpets and some other things in black so the interior won't get as dirty looking !!

Hee's a picture of the Nat brown so you can see what I'm talking about

BTW I went with black with black interior !!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts