BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
How did the alignment machine come up with 0.08 as min toe? I’ve seen 0.05 as min toe in my shop too, but bmw min is 0.02. Why would machine manufacturers do that?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Hmm, just noted that aligning is supposed to happen with de brake pedal depressed. Why is that? Doesn’t that put some funny tension on the suspension?

Also; I don’t usually drive around with my foot on the brake...

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I think it means both sides combined.
That’s the total toe in. Left and right added up. I got that part. It’s the “adjustment” number, which is different, that I don’t get.

Maybe the allowed adjustment in one alignment? As in; if you need to adjust more to get it right, adjust once to this max change number, drive it round the block, back up the rack, align further. Like that?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
That’s the total toe in. Left and right added up. I got that part. It’s the “adjustment” number, which is different, that I don’t get.

Maybe the allowed adjustment in one alignment? As in; if you need to adjust more to get it right, adjust once to this max change number, drive it round the block, back up the rack, align further. Like that?

Bump.
Does anyone have a good understanding of the meaning of “total toe in adjustment” in this context?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.