BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Read this thread thoroughly, finding it very informing, I had a rear left tyre chew out the inside on my E70 X5M (F-275/45R20/ R-315/35R20), suspected toe, took it in for diagnosis and the cause was indeed some poor alignment. Attaching my report for others, will get the toe adjusted to the near zero recommendation when I figure out which tyres to go with (I just let them do their thing for today out of interest but they said they would be happy to accommodate my specified settings. Going for some non RFT this time if I can find something decent. Welcoming any feedback on the report, I also noticed the specified ranges seem a little different to the one ARD provided?
Font Pattern Number Paper Parallel

·
Registered
12 Posts
Be very careful skeptical of salesmen of parts and / or services as they want to sell what they have to sell, parts or services. Imagine a tire shoppe that also does alignments!
I havent done the unit conversions but what part of the report are you highlighting as concern?
Here all tyre shops to alignments as part of the service. In this case they are the biggest retailer in the country, doesnt mean they havent made a mistake though...

·
Registered
12 Posts
So did you spot any issue with my alignment or just curious where I got it from?well it makes sense to do both at the same place to me, especially if you want to offer warranty on tyres.
Im planning on getting some new Falkens next week and will have the alignment redone again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
To precisely what numbers will you order the alignment, and why? Or just “Gimme an alignment!”
WelI I already did "gimme an alignment" which is what i posted above, when i return to get new tyres fitted i will ask for the toe to be .01-.02 and camber mid spec balanced as recommended by ARD. other than that check up after 2k kms and then every 5-10km.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Apologies, my car is not an X5M rather an X5 with M sport pack, I am still having trouble understanding how to translate my report to the ISTA specs, it looks like the tyre shop may have pulled down the specs for an X5M also which would be incorrect, but Im having trouble confirming, anyone able to assist?
@ard would appreciate your view, thanks

My report Font Pattern Number Paper Parallel
ISTA Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Number

·
Registered
12 Posts
Apologies, my car is not an X5M rather an X5 with M sport pack, I am still having trouble understanding how to translate my report to the ISTA specs, it looks like the tyre shop may have pulled down the specs for an X5M also which would be incorrect, but Im having trouble confirming, anyone able to assist?
@ard would appreciate your view, thanks

My report View attachment 1054317 ISTA View attachment 1054318
Looks like they had used the wrong specs, I now have the correct report which shows "except x5m and M550d") but can anyone tell me if the toe and camber is correct as they use mm for the toe measurement at both shops i went to here and the report doesnt translate well to the ISTA specs?
Font Pattern Parallel Paper Number
Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Number

1 - 7 of 7 Posts