BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked picked up a '03 Z4 3.0i w/21k and the original tires came on the car. As most of you know, these tires don't last forever and since many people don't like the RFTs, I thought I'd see if anyone wanted sell their take offs.

225/40/18 in the front
255/35/18 in the rear

They don't necessarily have to be the REO50s - I'd also consider the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s or the Pirelli Pzeros but I figure the Bridgestones will be more readily available.

I obviously want them in good condition, NO repairs/punctures/damage and preferably with low miles.

I'm still researching (gotta luv the search function) and toying with the idea of getting non-runflats, adding a spare, getting jack, etc; but I'm still weighing the pros and cons. I'm keeping my options my open.

I'm in KY and would be willing to drive to Most parts of KY/Southern IN/TN/Eastern MO but the obvious solution to shipping is to treat them like tirerack and 'band' them together in twos and toss em on the UPS truck.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got what you are looking for.

I will have take offs from my 2008 BMW 335i Cabriolet Sport Package. They have about 1200 miles on them and are in perfect condition.

Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT
Front: 225/40-18
Rear: 255/35-18

When I get home this evening, I will snap a photo for you but it won't be the best since they are still on the car. Also, if we can agree to a price I would not be able to ship them to you for a few days or so since I would have to order the new replacements.

They are approx $1230 new from TR. I would like to have $850 fob Chicago.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Try to hold out for the tires in your size priced in the $3-400 range. They are out there but it may take time. Don't spend 75% of new cost for something not many people want. I paid $250 for mine (same size) with less than 10% wear. GH

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got what you are looking for.

Well, GH41, that is a fair comment. I am not sure where to start with the asking price since I haven't been monitoring this area of the forum. I am totally realistic and willing to listen to any reasonable offer. I am also happy to drive another 20,000 miles on these tires since they are much better performers than those on my 07 335 and my 06 650. I think the tire industry has made some good progress with RFs the last couple of years.

·
Registered
181 Posts
teejet, Not trying to step on your toes. If you can find someone turning in a lease car and looking at the dealers $1600 price you can sell them for what you are asking easy. If I were you I would keep them even if you replace the tires. I am not a lawyer but I think you could be found liable if you sold a car that came equiped with RFT's without them. Imagine this happens. You are cruising along the super slab and run over a piece of metal and have a blowout. You swerve into a church bus with 25 kids aboard causing it to loose control, hit an overpass column, catch fire and kill all the kids. When your insurance company finds out that you replace the tires with unapproved tires they don't pay, you are found negligent and loose every thing you have. I know this sounds crazy but it could happen. I am sure I will be flamed for this! GH

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Try to hold out for the tires in your size priced in the $3-400 range. They are out there but it may take time. Don't spend 75% of new cost for something not many people want. I paid $250 for mine (same size) with less than 10% wear. GH
Thanks for the tip. I realize a lot of people dont particularly care for the RFTs for various reasons, but I think its a convenience thing for me as far as wanting them back on my car. I have free towing/roadside assistance with my auto insurance, but who wants to be stuck on the side of the road waiting for help? I could carry a spare, repair kit, and/or even a portable compressor - and that's still an option, but if I can find some nice GENTLY used REO50s, I'm down! :thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.