BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bizzare: I closed all the windows and locked my car when I got to work today. This afternoon, I go out to my car only to find that all the doors, windows and sunroof were open, apparently, all day. Even the rear windows were open.

WTF? How could this have happened? I had my car keys on me the whole time. No-one could have gotten them.

Question: is there a way to open everything with the fob buttons?

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
How funny is that. . . this is one of those questions that come up every 6-8 months and it always come down to the same thing . . . you opened them with the key and you didn't even realize it.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alan F said:
How funny is that. . . this is one of those questions that come up every 6-8 months and it always come down to the same thing . . . you opened them with the key and you didn't even realize it.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
But I've tried to open the windows by holding down the fob buttons. Doesn't work. I can only remotely unlock/lock the car with the fob.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
geomax said:
But I've tried to open the windows by holding down the fob buttons. Doesn't work. I can only remotely unlock/lock the car with the fob.
Nothing to worry about. Your car was homesick and wanted to be like its brothers in Europe for a second :D

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
geomax said:

Press once to unlock. Press again and hold, and the windows should go down. My transmitter range was always pretty crappy, so if I breathed on it wrong the process would be interrupted.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
JST said:

Press once to unlock. Press again and hold, and the windows should go down. My transmitter range was always pretty crappy, so if I breathed on it wrong the process would be interrupted.
Have you tried Alee's under the chin method??? It does help signal strength of the key fob:thumb:

Place the metal blade of the key on your chin and press button.

It DOES work, but you probably look a little silly to anyone who see's you do it:( :p

·
Registered
128 Posts
The key thing here is that you have to push and HOLD the unlock button to get them to come down.

Did you have the keys in your pocket and sit down close to your car, possibly holding the button down? I can't see the button being held down if the keys were in your pocket and you were walking. Unless you wear some really, really tight jeans.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, now after reading JST's post I feel pretty asinine. Sure enough, one click to unlock, and then hold - and presto, the windows opened. Sheesh...after 8 months having the car, you'd think I would've figured that one out by now...:tsk:

I had my cell phone in my pocket with the keys. When I sat down inside the staff office (there's a window and my car was parked about 40 ft away), the buttons must've been pushed.

There's other little details I've discovered by accident: I bought a flashlight for the glovey, not realizing until about a month ago, the car comes with one specially designed for the compartment. Then there's the wipers that automatically go to intermittent at stops.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
geomax said:
There's other little details I've discovered by accident: I bought a flashlight for the glovey, not realizing until about a month ago, the car comes with one specially designed for the compartment. Then there's the wipers that automatically go to intermittent at stops.
RTFM!

LOL, always fun to tell that to a veteran member. :p

·
Elected by grace
1,945 Posts
Re: Mike - OMG

EugieBaange said:
what on earth possessed you to take that photo? :lmao:

(preparing to stick foot in mouth)
I can't take credit for it Eugie! I actually scalpted it from hunkabutta.com.

But remember; if the pants don't fit you halfta acquit! :D

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mystikal said:

RTFM!

LOL, always fun to tell that to a veteran member. :p
Clem's a Veteran, I'm just an apprentice. :D

And as such, I will here-by publically admit, that I have not read TFM from cover to cover. I've done some browsing though...:)

But this gives me an idea...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.