BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 325xi to Advanced Auto Parts a few weeks ago for a diagnostic test because of the Check engine light and because the outside temp was reading -40. These 3 codes came up P0070 P0071 and P111F which isn't a normal code from what I've been told...was told that it could be the Ambient Temp Sensor or an open or short circuit. I changed the Ambient Temp Sensor and it started reading the temp right, I did the reset for the check engine light to go off, disconnected the battery for the night, drove it around for days and the light was still on. Took it to get inspected and obviously failed, but his codes read the same as above and he said it was the emissions. Well just today I went to Auto Zone to have them read the codes and the same 3 codes came up, some say its the air intake or the MAF sensor...I guess ill have to change all the above.....what do i, this is nerve wrecking!

· ROLL TIDE!
24,184 Posts
I did the reset for the check engine light to go off, disconnected the battery for the night, drove it around for days and the light was still on.
To me, reading this sentence is confusing. You tried to reset the code by disconnecting the battery, but you say it stayed on. I'd have the codes cleared with an OBD tool of some sort and see what happens.

Are you sure you properly repaired the sensor? Soldering the connections and using heat shrink?

· ROLL TIDE!
24,184 Posts
same as PO111: Intake air temp range/performance is out of its 0-5V spec requirement.

I think that is built into the MAF but not sure.
Reasonably sure the IAT is in the center of the upper manifold on all ms43 equipped cars. It is part of the maf on the newer cars with ms45 and the 6 wire MAF. 3 wire Maf's don't have the IAT as part of the unit.

EDIT: So I just read the OP has an 05 so his would be in the MAF.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.