BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WTF: Rims to big? [ALREADY SOLVED]

Hi,

Could anybody tell me what the biggest rim is you can put on a
2002 E46 ? (320d / 320i)

Today @ the dealer they said the '18" M3-wheels'
8 x 18 front (225/40)
8,5 x 18 rear (255/35)

would fit my car??!?? They said the front rims would fit, but the rears wouldn't. Is this true? Because if i go thrue the BMW-RIM-CAT. i see many rims with the same specs, that do fit on a E46.

Please somebody advise, I could buy the '18" M3-wheels' @ the dealer @ 25% of the original price!

Greetz
 

·
Rest in peace, Coach
Joined
·
9,106 Posts
Raptox said:
Hi,

Could anybody tell me what the biggest rim is you can put on a
2002 E46 ? (320d / 320i)

Today @ the dealer they said the '18" M3-wheels'
8 x 18 front (225/40)
8,5 x 18 rear (255/35)

would fit my car??!?? They said the front rims would fit, but the rears wouldn't. Is this true? Because if i go thrue the BMW-RIM-CAT. i see many rims with the same specs, that do fit on a E46.

Please somebody advise, I could buy the '18" M3-wheels' @ the dealer @ 25% of the original price!

Greetz
Dealership is correct, the rear rims won't fit. However, the sizes you quoted are wrong. The M3 rims are 18" x 8" up front and 18" x 9" in the rear.

The Biggest rim size that will fit is 8.5" in the rear (with the proper offset of course). To fit the M3 rear wheels you will need to roll your fenders.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: WTF: Rims to big?

The HACK said:


Dealership is correct, the rear rims won't fit. However, the sizes you quoted are wrong. The M3 rims are 18" x 8" up front and 18" x 9" in the rear.

The Biggest rim size that will fit is 8.5" in the rear (with the proper offset of course). To fit the M3 rear wheels you will need to roll your fenders.
Mmm...tnx for the help. Now i just have to find some info on rolling my fenders & prices.

tnx !!!
 

·
Rest in peace, Coach
Joined
·
9,106 Posts
Re: Re: Re: WTF: Rims to big?

Raptox said:


Mmm...tnx for the help. Now i just have to find some info on rolling my fenders & prices.

tnx !!!
ANY local bodyshop will be able to roll your fenders properly.
 

·
Early roadfly migrant
Joined
·
397 Posts
Actually, you may need more than a simple "fender rolling" to fit the M3 rear wheels. The offset is way too aggressive (ala 5 series). You will most likely need new wider rear fenders to fit them.

You are better off just getting front M3 wheels all around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cal said:
Actually, you may need more than a simple "fender rolling" to fit the M3 rear wheels. The offset is way too aggressive (ala 5 series). You will most likely need new wider rear fenders to fit them.

You are better off just getting front M3 wheels all around.
I came to the same conclusion ! But that would mean i would have to buy them @ retail price, and i cannot take the deal they offered :-((
I could get the full set of M wheels with tires for 1500 euro (almost the same as $). Does anyone know the retail price for the front M3 wheels? Because i cann't seem to find price on them.

Btw.. do they have a serial number? like M68, S45 ?

Greetz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Re: Re: WTF: Rims to big?

The HACK said:


Dealership is correct, the rear rims won't fit. However, the sizes you quoted are wrong. The M3 rims are 18" x 8" up front and 18" x 9" in the rear.

The Biggest rim size that will fit is 8.5" in the rear (with the proper offset of course). To fit the M3 rear wheels you will need to roll your fenders.
Hey Hack, I've got a set of OEM 17' M68s arriving shortly. 7.5 front, 8.5 rear, I plan on just swapping them out for the Type 45s on my 02 325i. Please don't ell me that there is a problem.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Re: Re: Re: WTF: Rims to big?

aldo said:


Hey Hack, I've got a set of OEM 17' M68s arriving shortly. 7.5 front, 8.5 rear, I plan on just swapping them out for the Type 45s on my 02 325i. Please don't ell me that there is a problem.....
They will fit with no problems. I recently installed a set of M68s on my 00 323i.

Joe
 

·
Where am I?
Joined
·
963 Posts
Raptox said:


I came to the same conclusion ! But that would mean i would have to buy them @ retail price, and i cannot take the deal they offered :-((
I could get the full set of M wheels with tires for 1500 euro (almost the same as $). Does anyone know the retail price for the front M3 wheels? Because i cann't seem to find price on them.

Btw.. do they have a serial number? like M68, S45 ?

Greetz
Retail price of 18x8 style 67 wheels in Chrome Shadow is.... $632 US
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top