BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,466 Posts
For trading an E30 (unless it's a really nice one), I think it's safe to assume he'd want money on top of the trade. He's basically looking to sell his M3.

·
OEM Hoe....
1,828 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree about the wheels... and i saw this guy on craigslist alot 1st he's looking for an e30 then an e46 then e30 again...

Sent from my DROID2 using Bimmer App

·
Under the lift arms
13,183 Posts
He can have my.87 325is and 2 grand , he bottom line is.he bit off more then he can handle

·
Registered Non-OP
14,496 Posts
Tryna say something?? Lol

These things are worth a lot more than you would think.... Butttt not e36 m3 territory. If its on suspension, clean int, and has a 24v swap then it'll be around the 4-5k mark easy, depending what its got :dunno:

·
Please, call me Brian.
10,782 Posts
If I had to choose which car to drive for the rest of my life: my e30 with relatively basic suspension mods, or either of my e36 M3s, it'd be the e30 hands down. Yeah, the e36 is worth more, but there are things more important to me than the value of the car I own :thumbup:

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
If I had to choose which car to drive for the rest of my life.....
My head would explode. I'm not a long term commitment kinda guy when it comes to cars......

Sent from my Droid using Bimmer App

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,466 Posts
I love E30s, but it should be noted that both of Ryan's E36 M3s were total nightmares. Must be kind of hard to make a decision based on those cars.

·
Registered Non-OP
14,496 Posts
Well between my e30 and my e36 of 3yrs (along with my affair with Maddie)... I'd set em both equal. The e30 is so damn fun to drive, and body is naturally rigid. I know I know, my e36 was on racelands, big whoop... But I've driven in many e36s with better suspension.

Even with the m20, its not hard to enjoy a simple cruise or a spirited drive in these.

The only reason I'm crying about getting an e36 again is simply because of looks. Thusly why I'd even rock a 318is :eeps: lol

Of course it all comes down to personal experiences, but I'm pretty much sold with this car. And will pretty much seal the deal when the m50 goes in and when ride height goes down :) <3

·
East Bound And Down
2,852 Posts
My decision... (which is based on owning several e30's and my current e36)
is that the E30 still wins
the e36 is elegant, and smooth, and pleasant..... not any of the great things that an e30 is... (noisy,primitive, and a f*cking blast to tear around 90* turns and switchbacks in)

jeremy clarkson says it best (talking about the early 80's 318's)

"God, it was a good car. With its dainty pillars and uncomplicated styling, it was in many ways indistinguishable from a Ford Cortina. But unlike any Ford of the period, it started, it cost a bloody fortune and it went like stink.
And because it was rear-wheel drive, something with which the GTI brigade was unfamiliar, it was ever so easy to crash. This not only gave you something exciting to talk about in what had now "
become known as the Sloaney Pony, but it also gave you the opportunity to replace it with a 325i. Sadly, since then, the 3-series has grown into middle age. It's become fatter and bigger and slower. Deep down, a modern 3-series is still balanced and wondrous, but the excitement, the fizz, the thrill of those early cars is gone. Buried under a ton and a half of technology and kit."
^ straight from Clarksons mouth E30 always wins

·
I feed trolls
4,976 Posts
24V E30 > E36. Period

·
Please, call me Brian.
10,782 Posts
My head would explode. I'm not a long term commitment kinda guy when it comes to cars......

Sent from my Droid using Bimmer App
same, I'll never have a car forever, but if I HAD to :)

I love E30s, but it should be noted that both of Ryan's E36 M3s were total nightmares. Must be kind of hard to make a decision based on those cars.
The 95 actually drove great, I could easily be driving it right now with no issues. The reason I'm not is because I never wanted another M3. I wanted to flip it so I could buy a Ducati, and I obviously couldn't sell it knowing all the issues it had. But, I've also driven other, non-damaged e36 M3s and they've all felt the same to me. Once you look past the M badge, its just another e36 with a bump in power and slightly better handling :dunno:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts