BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my M wheel today! I wanted to make sure kudos come your way to balance out the occasional grief you receive up here. For the record:

Submitted Internet parts request: 11/24
Received call from you: 11/25
Card charged: 11/27
Goodies received: 12/4

I hope your email is working now, cuz that is pretty much a core technology for you. Fortunately I figured better safe than sorry and put my cell number on the request along with my email address.

My DIY project for Friday or Saturday:

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was $350 before a 10% BMWCCA discount was applied. You probably ought to call Manny as Cutter has an 800 number.

·
Registered
142 Posts
do u guys know he doesn't have an office? not even a computer to answer u guys' email?? well... now u know... give him a break... just call the guy!!!

Jerry

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
328bimma said:
do u guys know he doesn't have an office? not even a computer to answer u guys' email?? well... now u know... give him a break... just call the guy!!!

Jerry
If he doesn't have a computer to answer email, then Cutter Motors is deluding themselves if they think they have an effective Internet parts sales strategy.

Anyway, the wheel is installed now and looks great. It took me a tad longer than Ack's 10 minutes, but it was simple enough to do. Time to take it for a test drive :)

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,461 Posts
328bimma said:

Jerry
Is that what he told you????

:banghead:

Manny - please report to my office A.S.A.P.!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

:p

(Manny does have a PC, but he does have to share it
with all of our other parts advisors)

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
I don't want to get anyone in trouble BUT I sent an email to "[email protected]" a week or more ago and never got a response. I sent another , due to Mannys appologies on this forum receintly, 3 days ago and no reply.

I want to give Cutter business but....

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,461 Posts
in_d_haus said:
I don't want to get anyone in trouble BUT I sent an email to "[email protected]" a week or more ago and never got a response. I sent another , due to Mannys appologies on this forum receintly, 3 days ago and no reply.

I want to give Cutter business but....
I guess that I should edit the title of this thread from
WTG to WTF?

:dunno:

=======================================

I give up.

Please direct all complaints regarding our slow or non-responses
directly to the flame forum.

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jon Shafer said:
I guess that I should edit the title of this thread from
WTG to WTF?

Jon, I wanted to both praise Manny for handling my transaction speedily and largely to my satisfaction (but I would have preferred more email, less phone, and no faxes to long distance numbers) and to alert you to a possible process fault at Cutter. It seems to be working...

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
I'm not ready to give up on ya Jon. I'm gonna keep trying! I'm sure when I finally make a connection it will be great like Cliff mentions

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,461 Posts
Cliff3 said:
Jon, I wanted to both praise Manny for handling my transaction speedily and largely to my satisfaction (but I would have preferred more email, less phone, and no faxes to long distance numbers) and to alert you to a possible process fault at Cutter. It seems to be working...
I know Cliff, and I truly appreciate your intent.

The "Dear Jon" forum has been a mixed experience
for me personally.

It has evolved at times into a place for complaints
about Manny's Service (I have no connection or ties
to parts other than we are part of the same family).
It has also become a place for people to complain
about a slow response from Franco. Now, that **is**
my department, and that feedback is completely valuable
to me because our Internet Clients are a top priority.

I cannot make any excuses for anybody's performance
outside of my department.

If someone would like to submit feedback about our parts
department, PLEASE direct those comments via email
directly to [email protected]. Tony is the Director of
all Cutter Motors parts operations.

Thanks in advance,
--Jon

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does Tony, or other Cutter employees besides yourself, monitor the traffic on this forum on a periodic basis? It might be beneficial to your (i.e.: Cutter Motors) business if they did. This site is a tool that goes beyond the scope of just the sales area, whether it was intended to or not.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,461 Posts
Cliff3 said:
Does Tony, or other Cutter employees besides yourself, monitor the traffic on this forum on a periodic basis? It might be beneficial to your (i.e.: Cutter Motors) business if they did. This site is a tool that goes beyond the scope of just the sales area, whether it was intended to or not.
Unfortunately, Cliff, I'm a one-man band...

I see that Manny checks in here every so often.

I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way,
but this is why (as a general rule) dealers avoid
public forums.

You know what they say in the restaurant business:

"If you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the kitchen".

I guess that I am one of the few masochists...

:p

:D

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Sorry Jon,
Maybe you should cut your reply and paste it in a seperate thread tacked to the top of your forum.

I'll get hold of Tony...

Doug

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,461 Posts
For what it's worth....

Can you imagine what it must be like to run a parts
department with ***(8)*** different carlines
(brands) under one roof?

:eek:

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Jon Shafer said:
For what it's worth....

(brands) under one roof?

Sounds like they need a good Project Manager! for a nominal fee I'd be happy to come down and consult with the staff...:bigpimp:

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jon Shafer said:
For what it's worth....

(brands) under one roof?

Well, SKUs are SKUs. I was about to post a reply to an earlier post of yours, but I realized I was about to violate my long held belief about companies that are likely to succeed in retail via the Internet (successful Internet retailers were previously successful mail order retailers so they're building on an existing infrastructure).

So yeah, you guys are nuts. I like the site and the forums though, so please continue to support it. You might even get a chance to sell me a car at some point. In the meantime, fix Manny's email :p

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,461 Posts
Cliff3 said:
Well, SKUs are SKUs. I was about to post a reply to an earlier post of yours, but I realized I was about to violate my long held belief about companies that are likely to succeed in retail via the Internet (successful Internet retailers were previously successful mail order retailers so they're building on an existing infrastructure).

So yeah, you guys are nuts. I like the site and the forums though, so please continue to support it. You might even get a chance to sell me a car at some point. In the meantime, fix Manny's email :p
:thumbup:

:D

So, Cliff...

What's an SKU?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts