BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
mod bug resistant
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just talked to the dealer. He said my car is still on the boat, however it arrived to NJ port on May 9th! It's been sitting on a boat for a whole week, didn't even go through VPC yet. Now I should expect the car next Friday. That pisses me off!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
mod bug resistant
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
eugeneDC/TX said:
call bmwna to confirm. i doubt it has been on the boat for a week. even when busy, cars ususally sit at the vpc not on the boat. the boats are shipping vehicles and i wouldnt think they could sit at dock for a week.
That's what I was thinking too, but my dealer said it is on the boat waiting to go through customs. Does anyone know BMWNA 1-800 phone number?
Thanks in advance.

·
Bayerische Motoren Werke
1,002 Posts
800 831 1117 option 3

Andy.

Something funny is going on. I've been at the vpc since Monday May 6th. Others on the board who were on the same boat as me all received their cars last week. Plus, my dealer is less than an hour from the vpc. I've been calling bmwna daily since last week and my status changes from work order printed - to work order completed - back to waiting for work order, etc. Still at the vpc as of today. Thats 10 days now. Plus my edd still states 5/7 on owners choice. Maybe the longshoremen are having road rallies with our cars. Somethin's definately up and BMW aint talkin'.

I want my car.
I want my car.
I want my car.

·
mod bug resistant
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
02330ci said:
Andy.

Something funny is going on. I've been at the vpc since Monday. Others on the board who were on the same boat as me all received their cars last week. Plus, my dealer is less than an hour from the vpc. I've been calling bmwna daily since last week and my status changes from work order printed - to work order completed - back to waiting for work order, etc. Still at the vpc as of today. Thats 10 days now. Plus my edd still states 5/7 on owners choice. Maybe the longshoremen are having road rallies with our cars. Somethin's definately up and BMW aint talkin'.

I want my car.
I want my car.
I want my car.
I hear you! Something's shady going on. My dealer just told me that the car DID NOT go through VPC yet. I really hope they didn't damage our cars.
Thanks for the phone number.

·
Registered
145 Posts
What a wait....

My car was on tha Tagus which was supposed to arrive on 5/10. Call on 5/10 to BMWNA indicated "ship was delayed one day, arrival now on 5/11". Call on Monday 13 May. "It will be shipped to your dealer 5/16." Called tonight, "It just arrived at VPC, maybe next week". Chill out and enjoy the weekend. It'll get to teh dealer.....Someday. Christ, we've waited this long, a few extra days wont' kill us will it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.