Bimmerfest BMW banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Supposedly it connects the emerg brake module to wiring harness. BMW said it becomes stretched. But it seems to be working ok now. We were lost with this BMW but with all your help we were able to solve the headache. Thx again.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
The cable can rub against a stud somewhere. That was the root cause of my emf issues and a very cheap fix. I hope it’s (was?) not yours...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 98K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
16,499 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,230 Posts
The TIS spends quite a bit of time talking about cable routing at the connector. I did not know they sell a replacement pigtail. I cant find a part number.....

Edit: as Doug linked above

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Service mgr at local BMW dealer informed the repair garage. They in turn let us know. I will ck to see if my friend at the BMW dealer parts dept can pull it up. If I get a part # I will inform you.

·
Nuclear engineer
16,499 Posts
From RealOEM, “ Searching for: pigtail. The specified part was not found.”

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I put a call into my local dealers part dept. Waiting for reply. Will let you know if I find out any info

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I just got phone with BMW. There is a pigtail and connectors and lot of little things that go with it. I sent him a pic of all #'s on my old module and he found it. Not a big seller as the dealer wants to sell everything. He didn't want to give me ant part #'s. That's all I know right now. Not crazy in Pittsburgh, Pa.

·
Nuclear engineer
16,499 Posts
This one probably ... 61119264719
From ECS, ***8220; This part does not have vehicle applications yet.***8221;. Not found at RealOEM BMW. I wonder what that means.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,230 Posts
Nice find.

It is in the BMW parts system, a few online BMW stores show it. Not surprised if realoem doesnt have it, they those can be stale

Honestly, if I had 2,3 wires damaged I would just repair those. Cutting off and wholesale splicing seems more of a risk. So unless I had connector damage, Id repair the conductors w proper splices, silicone tape, etc.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts