BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this so please bare with me.

I have a 2005 2.0d x3. It's recently been decoked and had the swirl flaps removed and the dpf cleaned. Driving up a fast hill today at about 70mph it just suddenly died!

It now will crank but not start.

I've plugged it in and it's showing the following errors.

4691. Supply voltage

3e90 crank sensor

4b90 rail pressure.

41bb and 4011. Dpf.

It's getting air though the dpf as when you put your hand over the tailpipe you can feel air when it's cranking?

Any ideas??

·
Registered
774 Posts
electrical issue? Can you check what the rail pressure is while cranking? Suddenly getting 4 unrelated codes frequently points to an electrical cause.

·
diesel evangelist
2,326 Posts
2500 psi is really low.
Did the mechanic provide any input on the "Supply Voltage" fault? Is your battery up to snuff?

·
Registered
774 Posts
3 volts? Way low. If that is your battery voltage it would not budge the engine.
im sure thats not the voltage, you wouldnt be able to do anything at 3 volts (unlock doors, pop trunk, scan DDE, etc)

Is 2500 PSI really that low? 30,000 PSI or so is max pressure, but idle pressure is WAY lower than that.

·
diesel evangelist
2,326 Posts
im sure thats not the voltage, you wouldnt be able to do anything at 3 volts (unlock doors, pop trunk, scan DDE, etc)

Is 2500 PSI really that low? 30,000 PSI or so is max pressure, but idle pressure is WAY lower than that.
Edit:
I found this document that set me straight on the differences in idle and run pressures. Hoooper is correct
https://personel.omu.edu.tr/docs/ders_dokumanlari/894_52413_1913.pdf

"idle pressure is between 4410 and 5880 psi...
max press is between 23520 and 28400"

2500 psi is what the old distributor pumps put out about 20 years ago.

·
Registered
774 Posts
at a 5000 psi peak you should be able to idle, though im not sure that idle pressure would be enough to start it. Fuel pump failure, or pressure regulator failure, could cause a sudden shutoff. Typically on a modern vehicle a crank position sensor failure causes the computer to reference cam position, but I dont know that our DDE does that and if it doesnt, crank position sensor failure would also lead to a sudden shutoff. If you have a regulator failure you likely wont have any residual pressure after shut down, that is where I would check first.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. It going to a local bmw place today. I have given up! While it's there he's going to do the dpf removal and remap. That's if he gets it to start that is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE = "Phil555race, сообщение: 8541445, участник: 402751"]
Спасибо, парни. Сегодня он едет в местное заведение BMW. Я сдался! Пока он там, он собирается удалить dpf и переназначить его. Это если он получит это, чтобы начать то есть.
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
Как
решилась проблема?
Взаимодействие с другими людьми

1 - 12 of 12 Posts