BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks it appears (info c/o Jon) that unfortunately BMW isn’t going to provide us a MY22 x3 30E PHEV

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi folks it appears (info c/o Jon) that unfortunately BMW isn’t going to provide us a MY22 x3 30E PHEV
It's probably not known, but any reason why? Maybe bringing in the more mechanically simple iX to fill that niche?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,534 Posts
I see a new request for a username change...

X3NOTtobe

sry....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No clue why, Jon thought maybe chip shortage related. I was hoping to get a MY22 with EP, DAP, HK etc but alas.

The other option is maybe they had this for CAFE reasons and with the iX and i4 they won’t need it anymore. It’s interesting since they doubled down on the X5 40e range this year.

I wish they would have brought the iX3 to the US, it’d compete with the Audi Q4e and maybe Macan 2022 electric - and it would be simpler to build than the X3 30E I’d think. Hopefully they do before the federal credit runs out.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Where did you see this information? I checked with my BMW dealer today and they have not heard anything about this, and they should know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They’ll see when it’s not in the X3 MY22 order guide in a month or so I imagine.

Jon is the founder of the forum and extremely reliable, and gave me permission to quote him on this

·
Registered
BMW X3 xDrive30e
1 Posts
Where did you see this information? I checked with my BMW dealer today and they have not heard anything about this, and they should know.
I bought mine this week and the dealer told me the same. It almost stopped me from purchasing.

·
Registered
221 Posts
All I know is the press packet BMW sent has tons of pics of a 2022 model with X3 30e badging. Perhaps not available as soon as the rest of the X3 production or just not available in the U?.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I recently read one press article that specifically wrote 'No X3 PHEV' , a few others didn't provide any details about that model, and / or included the "mild-Hybrid" X4 40 / 6cyl variant. Hard to predict if these 'electrification' transition models (PHEV X3/X5/3/5/7) will fade away and be replaced by full EVs.
IMHO, except possibly for TESLA's investment in charging infrastructure, the USA is years away from delivering the domestic driving public with the level of "comfort" necessary to rip us out of our ICE-powered wheels.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No 30e

“The lineup includes rear-wheel drive X3 sDrive30i, all-wheel drive X3 xDrive30i and X4 xDrive30i models and M all-wheel drive X3 M40i and X4 M40i models.”

1 - 12 of 12 Posts